chapter 36

Seoul, 2011

Soobin was sitting on his bed in his house, headphones over his head as he listened to songs at high volume and playing with his Rubik's cube puzzle along with it. He was gripping the toy with his little fingers and moving the rows, trying to distract himself from thoughts about events that had happened in the research facility. Some months had already passed and it was 2011 year. He had heard nothing from Yoongi and his family after Soobin set the the building on fire. He and Jimin easily managed to escape from the building in the mess that was created inside and take Taehyun along with them, Jimin returning at his home with his aunt afterwards. Fortunately, he, his parents and Jimin had managed to somehow get Taehyun trust them and get him to know them over again after his memory was erased, however Taehyun always insisted that someone was talking to him in his mind, but his parents always shushed him and forbid him to say something like that with others since Yoongi had warned them to keep it as a secret after his father had finally died in fire. Soobin had been living peacefully since then, but terrible nightmares and those memories still kept disturbing his composure.

Soobin was jolted back to reality when he saw bright lights of a car flashing through his window. He got off his bed instantly and ran up to it. His eyes widened in terror as he saw Yoongi getting out of the car with some men and holding a gun firmly in his hand as he marched towards their house. Soobin quickly took off his headphones as he clapped his palm over his mouth, afraid to make any noise. He had held his breath in fear and couldn't even notice that until he almost choked from lack of air. His heart raced in his chest when he remembered that Taehyun and their parents were in the living room. He had completely forgotten fear as he stormed to the door of his room and ran outside, his body getting completely paralyzed at the sight of his parents.

Soobin was standing on one place motionless, his eyes full of hot tears that were flowing down his red cheeks like flood as he watched his parents collapsed on the floor, their bodies draining out of blood while their eyes were still opened, looking into the space senselessly. Everything was messed up in the house horribly, exactly demonstrating the fact that someone had attacked it ruthlessly, the furniture was flung down forcefully and many of them even shattered of the floor, every single item was flown in every corner of the room, everything painted in blood. Soobin was trying to reach his parents while he kept screaming and calling them, but Yoongi was pulling his arm and dragging him towards the door, not even letting him hug his parents' dead bodies for the last time. "Don't take him", he cried out as he saw a man carrying his brother's unconscious body to the car, the whole environment drown in dark, completely reflecting the colour of that terrible and devastating night. Soobin saw how they put his brother in the car and took them even though he was begging not to separate them from each other. Soobin tried to fight but he was only a child and couldn't overpower someone much stronger than him. A horrible sound of violent screaming and crying was lingering in the atmosphere before he was placed in the car and carried to the place he didn't know would make his life take a drastic turn.

Present, 2020

Yeonjun was awoken by fragile whimpers of the blue haired male as he was still suffering in the nightmare of his memory. Yeonjun opened his eyes and discovered that they were exactly in that position in which they fell asleep at night. He looked down at the younger boy on his chest immediately and frowned when he saw him crying in his sleep.

"Soobin!", he called and jerked his body a bit but strongly enough for him to come to his mind and sit up in bed at high speed as he scanned his surroundings, not remembering for a moment where he was. Yeonjun quickly followed his movement as concern ran over his face and sat up in bed behind the male before shifting his body a bit to place himself beside him, observing him as Soobin tried to calm himself down.