chapter 88

The operation had started and three terrified males were waiting in the hall. Yoongi was walking back and forth anxiously nonstop while playing with his shaking hands and Taehyun was sitting paralyzed beside the orange haired male who was rubbing his hand up and down his back but Taehyun wasn't able to feel anything since his mind was lost somewhere else. There were no more tears on his face, their had all dried on his cheeks. His body was shaking unconsciously and his mind could see nothing but Beomgyu's eyes, how life was slowly and painfully disappearing from them when he was staring deeply into his tearful orbs in the car before Beomgyu closed them and never opened them again. Taehyun was screaming at him to wake up the entire way to hospital, but Beomgyu was just lying like a dead in his arms, not even moving a single muscle of his face or body. The boy looked so helpless when he wanted to cry but was so weak that he didn't even have any strength to drop even a single tear and Taehyun wanted to die when he was remembering those heartbreaking images. He was so powerless when Beomgyu needed him the most. Now he was completely numb while his hands and shirt were still stained in blood of his only love. His heart was torn to pieces and he knew he had never felt so much pain in his chest before.

"Taehyun," Jimin spoke softly in his ear as he traveled his hand to the younger's shoulder, "Come on. Wash your hands."

But the blonde male wasn't moving a muscle. He promised his brother to protect his lover, but he couldn't manage to do it. He failed him, both of them.

"My soul is yours. It wasn't my choice. Life has chosen us for each other and it's even more beautiful to realise that we were meant to be."

That night he told the silver haired boy what he had always been to him and Beomgyu seemed so happy to find out that he was nothing but a beautiful fairy to the younger boy and the only source of light in his dark life. His eyes were shining so beautifully that Taehyun almost went blind because he had never seen something giving out such a bright light before. It happened only a week ago, they had just found each other after so much waiting, how could everything end so soon? If the universe was going to take him away anyways then why did it let him see the boy's beautiful face or spend so much beautiful times with him? To hurt him and put him through the biggest pain he could ever experience? What if he would never see him and never manage to say to him how much he loved him again?

"Where are you going?" Jimin asked in a confused tone when he saw Yoongi sauntering towards the stairs.

"To make a phone call," Yoongi replied without sparing a glance at him or slowing down his pace as he quickly marched forward and rushed downstairs. He took his phone out of his pocket on the way and dialed Hoseok's number as soon as he was already outside, placing the phone against his hear with his shaky hand afterwards. "Hoseok!" he said instantly after the other male picked up his call, not even giving him any time to greet him, "I need all of you to come here."

"What?" Hoseok yelled in surprise at once, "Is everything alright? What happened to your voice?"

"There's no time for questions. Just do what I said, today!"

He heard a groan from the other side before Hoseok muttered into the phone, "Okay."

____

"I didn't work so hard for this to happen," Yeonjun was muttering desperately as he was sitting on the floor in the helicopter, his knees close to his chest and his elbows propped over them while his hands were gripping his locks and his head kept shaking from side to side continously in a crazy manner, "I didn't save him for this." 

It felt exactly like when the mother was losing her child for whom she he had to go through a bunch of unbearable pains only to bring them into being. Yeonjun had to live with a terrible suffering and agony for more than three years, for who? For someone who was on the edge of death at that moment and Yeonjun was having to experience that deadly fear once again. He couldn't stop crying, tears were streaming down his face continuously as if he was trying to completely empty himself from them. It was more painful than death, being scared of losing someone who he had been living with for his entire life and who he had fought for so much. It was even harder to take when he wasn't with him and had no idea what was happening, if he was alive or already dead. His lips were letting out miserable whines, whimpers and cries while his fingers were gripping his hair, almost ripping it off his head. He felt how the helicopter was going down before landing in front of some old building in a deserted place, but Yeonjun didn't have any strength to say anything to the General, to fight him or stand up and go out with him. That's why Minho walked up to him and took hold of his forearm before pulling him up and putting him on his feet.