chapter 33

The night was slowly replaced by irradiant light of the sun as it appeared lazily on the horizon and greeted the earth with its blazing rays. Leaves were whispering in the lucid flow of breeze as the birds danced around, flapping their wings enthusiastically.

Yeonjun was wrapped in his blanket as he watched from his window how the sun arised, hurting his sleepless eyes. He had stopped taking his medications and knew for sure that he would never touch them again after discovering the truth and sure now he had to face his anxiety and insomnia very often. He had no idea who had sent those papers to him or why, he ordered his men to find that person, they even asked the courier whoever brought the package but neither he knew anything about the addresser since Kai had hidden his identity very well.

Namjoon hadn't said anything more to him except the fact that Yoongi was doing everything for him. The doctor said that Yoongi would tell him the rest if he decided to, but Yeonjun was afraid that his cousin would refuse speaking with him about that topic, besides he was still in jail and the police weren't letting anyone meet him for some reason. Yeonjun's heart was beating heavily and painfully at the thought of Taehyun being a real person. He was feeling very guilty of not believing and understanding the silver haired boy and even blamed himself for that awkward situation that was settled between them after that night. If he hadn't believed Yoongi saying that he had a schizophrenia and had had a faith in Beomgyu instead, maybe none of those events would have happened.

He got up from the bed and took a shower after some hours passed. No matter how much it hurt him to see the silver haired boy, he still entered his room since he needed to talk to him, but Beomgyu wasn't inside. Yeonjun sighed heavily when his eyes fixed on the picture in frame placed on Beomgyu's nightstand. His eyes pricked with tears at seeing how happy he and Beomgyu looked in that photograph they took years ago, when they were in the mountains on holidays. His heart would hurt everytime at realizing how close they always used to be and how badly the recent days had messed up their relationship. Tear ran down his cheek as he held the picture gently in his hand, softly running his fingers over the glass while pained smile crept to his lips, but disappeared very quickly.

He wiped the tear from his face and sniffled as he put the frame back on the nightstand and turned around, but flinched in terror when he bumped into the silver haired boy standing behind him and looking at him with a blank expression.

"Oh my god", Yeonjun called in a terrified voice as he took a step behind and pressed his palm against his chest, feeling how his heart was jumping inside his body.

"What are you doing here?", Beomgyu asked blankly, his indifferent eyes looking intensely at the pink haired boy who barely managed to catch his breath.

"I-I was looking for you", Yeonjun stuttered, his heart hurting at younger's cold gaze.

"For what?"

"We need to talk", Yeonjun announced, trying to ignore the pain that was eating his organs as hurtful memories hurtled across his mind.

"I don't have time", Beomgyu tried to walk away as he averted his gaze but Yeonjun quickly grabbed his wrist and stopped him on his place.

"It's about your cancer", he stated, causing Beomgyu's head to turn towards him as confusion and curiosity crept over his face, "Please, let's sit down"

Beomgyu thought for some seconds before hesitantly nodded his head and placed himself on the edge of the bed next to the place where the older boy had sat. Beomgyu was still feeling some shame in his body and had difficulty with looking at him in the face, that's why he decided to stare down at his lap instead of the pink haired boy who was barely managing to keep his eyes fixed on him as he tried to choose proper words for starting a conversation with him.