Chapter 10: God

"Successfully achieved," said Seraph, standing from behind the chair where Jukkon sat upon, "I only ask for your forgiveness."

"You've successfully terminated the group?" asked Jukkon, not looking back from his chair, "If you have, then all of your sins have been forgiven."

"Thank you for your generosity, my Lord," replied Seraph, "If it not for your generous gift of giving me the Diamond Zone, I doubt that I would've successfully finished them off."

"It's because of that group that I was hindered of my progress," said Jukkon, sighing, "I'm greatly relieved that they are gone."

"Your progress?"

"At my current state, I am still too weak to actually make gigantic progress to creating a new Multiverse," said Jukkon, "While you were out, I only managed to create a new dimension similar to the world that that Valeria person had lived in. I had planned on sending an "angel" of sorts for a potential host partner, but unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances... that partner has died. I don't exactly know what happened to that partner, and I had planned to check, but it seems that since you've arrived my priorities have differed."

"And why is that?"

"With the group gone, I can finally make my way to gain more power. You see, there's another Magia Orb that has surfaced that I could potentially seek out, granting me even more power than I already have."

"Haven't you already used a Magia Orb?"

"Granted, it's a risky move and I don't know what would happen if I used another. However, I doubt Fate would let me perish."

"Why didn't you try to get it while I was gone?"

"The Magia Orb is located in the dimension where that Val person has lived in, but slightly different. Unfortunately, my last anomaly sighting of the group was in that very exact dimension. I can't afford to underestimate them once more, so just traveling there would've been an unwise decision, especially since my energy is recovering just by creating my minions."

"So.. there's a Magia Orb in that dimension?" asked Seraph.

Jukkon spoke up, "You're planning to assassinate me, aren't you Seraph?"

Surprised, Seraph tried his best to hide the gun from sight. He backed away as Jukkon stood up from the chair.

"Now, why might my most loyal servant betray me?" asked Jukkon, shaking his head, "Unlike Mateo, you actually completed your mission. However, do you really think you can challenge Fate itself?"

"You're wrong!" yelled Seraph, pulling out a radio, signifying that the group was listening to the conversation all along!

"You fool!" yelled Jukkon, "What have you done? Have you lost your mind and betrayed God? What about your forgiveness!?"

"The only forgiveness I can ask for now is for my nation," glared Seraph, "I don't fight for any god, but my own nation! That's what I live for! I don't need the forgiveness of any other!"

"And if you're lying? asked Seraph, sitting at a table in the restaurant.

"He's tricked me too, Seraph," said Chika, sitting at a chair across from him, "A god favors the well being of everyone, much like a leader of a nation. Would your god seriously forgive you for all the crimes you've committed in order to achieve what he wanted? Would he seriously make you try to kill people?

You don't have to believe us, but please think about it. I don't like you. You killed Ryder, even after he offered his hand to find a different solution. He forgave you... I don't know if I'll forgive you either for what you've done, but I'm sure that you're not getting any true forgiveness if you continue to do this."

"So what?" asked Seraph, conflicted, "You expect me to go over to god and kill him? Ambush him?"

"No, that'd be too risky," spoke up Will, "We don't want you risking your life again. Somehow, you've obtained another chance at life. Although I believe that the dead should remain dead, I still believe that life should prosper as long as it doesn't interfere with those who are innocent. All we need you to do is use this."

Will handed Seraph a radio. The radio has been worked on by Ikarus, applying some technology from the MRSC into its components. It should allow some access to communicate between dimensions. All the group wanted to know was find out Jukkon's plans.

"So... you were told to do some reconnaissance," said Jukkon, "You didn't even have to try to kill me. So why were you planning to?"

"I've already known from the start that my time here would be short-lived," said Seraph, "But to at least serve my country, and for righteousness, I might as well attempt to take you down to prevent any further obstacles to the group as possible."

"How heroic," said Jukkon as he beckoned with his hands, "Then come forth and die, Seraph."