Part 55: Extermination Part 1

"Woah!!" exclaimed Rose, her eyes sparkling in wonder as Chika showed her a card trick, "I never knew you could do that!"

"Ryder taught me it on our journey," chuckled Chika on the other side of the prison bars.

"...do you miss him?" asked Rose, her face filled with curiosity.

Chika stared at Rose before shaking her head, "Nah. Why would I miss that annoying ass? He's done nothing but cause trouble for me anyways."

"Your time to speak to Sachiko Sakuramuri is up," stated a guard just by Chika's prison cell.

Yato jolted up from his bench, awakening his slumber. He looked sprung to find Rose and Chika finishing up on talking to each other.

"That's our cue to leave," smiled Rose, waving at Chika, "Bye Chika! We'll be back soon! We promise to get you out of there as soon as we can!"

"You guys take care," smiled Chika back, looking at Yato as well, "You too."

"Thck," scoffed Yato as he beckoned for Rose to go, "What a bother."

...

Chika's imprisonment was cut short however. In front of her prison cell was another man. He had a silver cape on and a golden vest. His golden hair was almost gleaming in the dark.

"I don't have another visitor on my schedule.." thought Chika to herself.

"Sachiko Sakuramuri," stated the man in front of her, "You don't know how much it took for me to come over here."

"Hold it," glared Chika, "I don't really know who you are. Tell me that first."

"You may simply refer to me as God," said the man.

"God..?" asked Chika in a confused tone, "You're kidding."

"It took everything in my divine power to reach you here," God replied, waving his hand towards the rest of the prison,"As you can see, there are no witnesses for our conversation at the moment. Although, I had a little trouble with a crab on the way here for some reason."

That's when Chika realized that every prison guard was killed. In shock, she stood up from her cell floor and backed away from the bars.

"Who the hell are you?" asked Chika once again.

"I've already told you," he replied, "I am God."

"Now why would I believe that? You're honestly being really suspicious here. No random person just comes up to a prison cell and tells them they're God without proving it of some sorts! That's crazy!"

"I know a method for reviving a man named Ryder Kodachi. Does that ring a bell?"

As soon as the man mentioned that name, Chika's guard dropped. She was skeptical about what the man was saying, but was desperate to hear what he had to say. She just had to find out what kind of power that this man had.

"What are you talking about? Tell me!"

"I'd be glad to tell you," said the man as he paced back and forth around the prison bars, "However... I'm afraid I don't have the time to. You see, I'm being targeted at the moment."

"Targeted? For why and by who?"

"Many others seek the power of God, and want to claim it for theirselves. Unfortunately, I don't have the power to distribute it all evenly. That's why I'm asking.. no.. begging you to help me. I do not want to harm my children, but I need someone to at least stop them from pursuing me."

"You want me to fight them? Who even are they?"

"They're very persistent on what they do, and they use multiple abilities that even I didn't know I had created for them. We can refer to them as Thieves. I just need to ask the assistance of someone powerful. When I've watched over you, I saw just that. Power in a single person. I believe that you can help me in my troubling times."

"And.. if I help you.." mumbled Chika, staring at the floor and at the man, "Then.. you really would find a way to revive Ryder..?"

As soon as Chika finished her statement, her prison bars vanished out of thin air. Her eyes widened as the man held out his hand to her.

"Take my hand and I'll get you out of this stone prison," God stated, closing his eyes in a manner that would make it seem like he's begging, "I have the power to do lots of things, and I would really appreciate it if you could assist me."

Chika hesitantly held out her hand before taking the man's hand, helping her step out of her prison cell. As she looked around, the dead prison guards almost looked pitiful. The man stared at Chika for a little before thinking.

"They'll be coming soon.." God said, "I must make my escape. I trust that you can handle them?"

"Yeah, sure," replied Chika, "Just remember to make sure you can revive Ryder. It's important that he comes back."

"You have my word," said the man said as he left the prison.

"This guy.. really had the power to kill all of the guards in the prison..?" thought Chika to himself, "If he had this much power, then what kind of power do the Thieves have that would make even God himself run away from them? Either way.. I'd have to win this right. They'll be coming pretty soon according to God.

I'll do this for you Ryder. For your sake. I want you back."