Chapter 4: Intermission

"Lord Jukkon.. it seems that Will Ramuri and the others are arriving to this realm soon.." mumbled Mateo, feeling the anomalies heading towards them.

"Let them come," replied Jukkon, sitting on his chair, "I've planned for an occasion like this to happen anyways. Wether it be one person or many, I'll be able to grab Fate regardless."

"They've brought the Diamond Zone user with them.."

"I doubted that she'd stay against their side anyways. However, she's too attached to her fallen loved one. It may provide useful when push comes to shove. We'll find ways to deal with the Diamond Zone user."

"What are your plans, Lord Jukkon?"

"Lets start it off with an ambush," smiled Jukkon as he stood up from his chair, walking down the steps of the broken colosseum, "You can't ever go wrong with an underhanded approach. Mateo.. you've been known to cause chaos, haven't you? You've done quite a wreckage on the lab that I've found you from."

"Only to mere mortals, my Lord," said Mateo, bowing his head down shamefully, "Upon meeting them for the first time, I was clearly out of my league. Their abilities were more than I bargained for!"

"No, no, no," repeated Jukkon, cautiously making his way to Mateo and gently touching his head, "Worry not, my Mateo.. You've been caught off guard is all! You will get your vengeance soon. Once you deal with them, we can finally achieve Fate!"

"Pardon my interruptions Lord Jukkon.. but haven't you achieved Fate already?" asked Mateo, "You've obtained Ivan Dekul's Chronostasis, Azarthoth's Spacial Abilities, as well as the Reality Manipulating Abilities of Jak Kerr. What more is there to seek?"

"These abilities are merely a facade of true Fate, my Mateo," smiled Jukkon, "We can't have reached true Fate until our enemies hunting us down have ceased to exist, correct? True, undeniable, and unwavering power is what I seek most. We do that by removing our threats, especially the Ramuri. They've come to ruin my plans time and time again. We end that pattern here."

"Very well, my Lord.." said Mateo, looking at the horizon of the destroyed Reality Square 9, "Just tell me your orders and I'll loyally follow them, even at the cost of my own death."

"I'm truly grateful to have a loyal partner like you, Mateo," smiled Jukkon as he walked back up the steps of the colosseum, "This was a short talk Mateo, but we've got some bigger problems to handle after this."

"Very well, Lord Jukkon. I'll do my best."

"Let the bloodshed begin."