三十九 [S a n - J ū K y ū]

"It's simple really. To stop a person from turning into a vampire, all you need to do is kill them before the transformation is complete!"

A sword and scythe appear over (Y/n)'s body and it cuts Ferid into half out of defence. His left arm, which was holding his sword, was also cut off in the process.

"Crowley!" Ferid called and the said man grabbed Ferid by his head before throwing him into a wall behind.

"W-What's going on?! What happened?!" A JIDA soldier asked as he saw Ferid's head that was sticking out.

"Somebody call for Lord Kureto!"

Ferid groaned as he used his hand to push himself out of the wall, "Ugh! You are so stupidly strong, Crowley! Too strong sometimes!"

Chains that belonged to Shikama and Shiraki began to attack Crowley, who was having difficulty upholding them.

"Well, this is hard," Crowley grunted out.

"I know right? Let's run away." Ferid stated.

"Without your legs?" Crowley asked.

"If I tried to get them, he'd kill me-" Ferid explained before seeing Crowley's head get slashed off, his body falling onto his knees.

"Whoopsie! Oh dear, this looks bad. Very, very bad. Will today be the day I finally die?" Ferid inquired.

(Y/n) sat up from the stretcher, her gaze immediately going to Ferid and Crowley. Her eyes were no longer the [e/c] everyone knew before. Instead, it was pale yellow, her irises and pupils were thinner.

"So, are you the First?" Ferid questioned.

"What if I am?" Shikama questioned back.

"Then might I ask what the point is?"

"The point...?"

"Yes, of everything. What's the point of this destroyed world? Of the endless, meaningless human wars?" Ferid asked as his lower half began inching back towards him.

He reattached himself as he continued, "Of these bodies that won't die when cut in half? That won't die when even the head is cut off?"

Ferid then got up and looked at the First, "What is the point of giving us vampires bodies that just won't die when we were never given a reason to live?"

Ferid outstretched his hand towards Shikama, "It all began with you, yes? Because of you, all of us have been cursed. I want to know what was the point to it all."

"What would you do if you knew?" Shikama answered.

"I shall decide once I hear," Ferid stated.

"I was not the one who made you immortal."

"True, my father did. But you cursed him. The ripple effect from that is why we're here today."

"Ahh, who is your father?"

"Rigr Stafford," Ferid answered.

Shikama smiled as he faced (Y/n)'s body towards Ferid. "I see. Then was it he who created this human organisation?"

[I k e b u k u r o]

"Ah, he's awake again. I really wish he'd stop doing that." Saitō said as he looked up at the sky.

"He's always so loud about it too. Now everyone will notice and get in my way. I wonder, is he being that loud on purpose?"

"Target signal acquired. Begin launch sequence." Missile operators stated from underground.