十三 [J ū S a n]

"Major General (Y/n), I have sight on Seventeenth Progenitor Chess Belle." One of the soldiers said.

"Is she with the other two progenitors?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Alright, I will head for Thirteenth Progenitor Crowley Eusford. Teams Haru, Daiki, and Itsuki, your target will be Chess Belle. Teams Kai, Eiji, and Hiroto, your target will be Horn Skuld. For the remaining three teams, I will need you to be our front lines for the vampires. We need a clear path so we can separate the three progenitors and complete the mission. Is that clear?" I asked.

"Yes!" They said in unison.

"We commence the mission in three minutes. Make sure to have everything prepared because this will be one hell of a fight." I said and looked at the building.

I reached out for my pendant, holding it in my hands when suddenly I felt light-headed.

[f l a s h b a c k]

"Father, where's brother?" I asked as we walked through the streets hand in hand.

"Michaela's sick. So, we're going to buy some medicine and his favourite food for him alright?" Father said and I nodded my head gleefully.

"Father, do you love someone?"

"I do."

"Who is it?!" I asked excitedly.

"I love you, Michaela, Yuichiro, and Ashera."

"You love me?" Father nodded his head and I let out a big smile.

"I love you too Father~!" He smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Since you're such a good girl, let's buy your favourite food alright?"

"Okay! But Father?" He hummed in response.

"Will I ever love someone like how you love me?" He stopped and looked down at me.

Crouching down, Father placed his hand on my cheek and gave me a smile, "You will definitely have someone to love. And when you do, I'll be there to see it."

[f l a s h b a c k  e n d]

"Major General (Y/n)? It's time." Daiki said and I nodded my head.

"Alright, let's beat these nobles and head back with victory." They all nodded their heads at me and looked at the city hall.

"On my count. Three, two, one...Go!"

The first three teams ran out as they took out their cursed gears. The vampires immediately noticed it and engaged in battle with them.

Then, I spotted Chess Belle and immediately gave out the signal for Haru, Daiki, and Itsuki to move out and attack. I turned around and faced the remaining three teams.

"We'll head in together and find Horn Skuld and Crowley Eusford. When we do, attract her attention to you and drag her somewhere else while I do the same with Crowley. Understood?"

"Understood." All 45 soldiers said at the same time.

"Let's go," I said and we all headed inside the city hall.

Almost immediately, we encountered Horn Skuld without Crowley. The teams immediately started attacking and I went upstairs in search of Crowley.