四 [Y o n]

My body immediately froze.

"Guren..?" I whispered.

In front of me was Guren who gotten stabbed by a vampire with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Guren!" Yuu shouted and ran.

"You bastard! What are you doing to Guren?!" He shouted and drew his sword.

The vampire turned around to face Yuu but his face was surprised. Yuu then pierced his sword through the vampire's chest with his gear.

Protect Guren, (Y/n).

"Mahiru...?" I said as I recognized the voice. I looked around but saw no one was near me.

"What are you doing?" Guren shouted as he was still on the floor.

"Activate the curse now and kill him Yuu! Do it now!"

I heard Guren curse before picking up his sword and swinging it at the vampire. The vampire pulled his sword out from Guren's chest and jumped out of the way while blocking Guren's attack. He fell to the ground a few meters away and landed in a crouched position.

Guren walked up to Yuu and punched him, "What the hell? Why didn't you kill him?"

Guren suddenly crouched down again and coughed blood out. Yuu bent down to Guren and asked if he's okay. But instead of answering, Guren glared at him. "Stop worrying! Just look forward, snotnose! This is a battlefield!"

"Idiot Yuu! What are you doing? You could've killed him just now! Why didn't you activate the curse?" Mitsuba shouted.

I was about to move and join them when I heard Mahiru's voice again.

Not yet.

My body listened and it automatically stopped. I watched as Shinoa ran to Guren to check how he was doing.

Yoichi seemed to have said something but I couldn't hear him since he was speaking. From where I was, the only way to hear them is for them to be shouting.

I saw Yuu turn around and look at the same vampire from before. Next to the vampire was a noble, silver-haired with a long ponytail. Seventh Progenitor, Ferid Bathory.

"Hey, are you Mika?!" Yuu shouted to the vampire.

The vampire called Mika stood up and tears begin to stream down Yuu's cheeks.

"M-Mika..! Y-You're really Mika..!"

"Y-Yuu-chan..!"

"Wow, look at that cute reaction! It's been a while since I last saw Yuichiro Hyakuya. No wonder you're attached but what an unexpected and fateful reunion. I'm almost in tears." Ferid exclaimed.

He then looked at Mika and said something to him which caused Mika to be determined. But the question remained. Who is Mika to Yuu? The best I could assume was that they were best friends considering they don't look like each other at all.

All of a sudden, Mika's face turned one of anger and he grabbed Ferid's neck. Ferid eased up a bit and grasped Mika's shoulders and leaned down. He whispered something to Mika and pointed to Yuu which caused the latter to turn around.

Mika's sword turned red as he activated it and Ferid drew his own sword too. I heard footsteps coming from behind me and quickly hid.

I silently tched as I saw three more nobles arrive at the scene.

"All right, let's do this then. Let's kill off all the humans except Yuu." Ferid announced as he took the lead.

"I heard you called for me, Seventh Progenitor."