八 [H a c h i]

"Why is your face the first thing I see when I wake up?"

I groaned as I turned to my side, not wanting to face Guren at all. I heard the shuffling of his feet and then the other side of the bed sinking, a sign that he was sitting on it.

"Because I want you to see my face the moment you wake up." He said in a teasing tone.

"Please, go and disturb Shinya. I don't want to talk to you."

"But you are, right now."

I ignored him from then on and closed my eyes. I wanted to go back to sleep since Guren rudely woke me up by poking my face.

"The silent treatment?" He asked and I continued to ignore him.

"Alright then, I guess you won't mind me doing this."

Everything was a blur. One second, I had my eyes closed ready to fall asleep. And in the next second, I found myself under Guren's body as he hovered over me.

"What the--"

Guren shushed me with a wink which caused my heart to beat faster.

"Now, let's have a little game." He said. "This game is very simple. But, it's also very dangerous."

"Well..what is it?" He smirked which only meant one thing, danger.

"I'll give you one month to fall in love with me."

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked in disbelief.

"You heard me. One month to fall in love with me. It's really simple."

"Yes I got that part but you want me to fall in love with you? First of all, why? Second of all, what makes you think I want to play this game with you? Lastly, what is the purpose of asking me when you're clearly not over Mahiru?"

He scrunched his nose when I mentioned him not being over Mahiru.

"I don't like Mahiru, (Y/n)."

"Oh yeah, you don't. You looooove her."

"(Y/n). I have never had feelings for Mahiru." He said.

"Stop with the lies, Guren. You can't just tell me you never had feelings for her when you were the one for who she had feelings. You both dated for god's sake!"

He sighed and looked at me with sad eyes, "Remember the other day, when I asked you if you had feelings for anyone?" I nodded my head and he continued.

"I asked that because...I have feelings for you."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "Stop spouting out lies Guren. Whatever you're planning, just stop."

"But I'm not planning anything!" He shouted and caused me to stop.

His eyes...they weren't the happy and protective ones anymore. They instead were ones of sadness. Remorse was present, and he was hurt. He was hurting.

"Ever since we were kids, I've always been attracted to you, not Mahiru. It has always been you and only you, (Y/n). Whenever you stepped into the same room as me, my day was instantly brightened and I felt happy to see you. Your smile always cheered me up, and your eyes always seemed to shine brighter than the Sun. Everything about you was just perfect, there was no flaw. But I had to be with Mahiru...for some reasons."

"And you couldn't tell me this?" I asked.

"I couldn't. But please (Y/n), let me prove to you that I'm worthy to be with you. That I'm worthy to be the one you love. I couldn't do this when we were younger but now that I can, I'm not letting this chance go."

"What if I don't fall for you?"

"...then...you won't have to deal with me forever." My eyes widened in shock. He was willing to go this far?

I laid, still frozen. Guren had liked me since we were kids, and I did too. But I can't just give my heart that easily, so I'll play this game with him.

"Alright Guren, I'll play this game with you." His body tensed up but I felt him smile against me.

"Thanks (Y/n)..." He whispered and I smiled, stroking his hair as I allowed him to lay on me.

I closed my eyes, still stroking his hair as I felt myself falling asleep. Guren must've noticed since he moved up and wrapped his arm around my waist. I laid my head at his chest as I listened to his heartbeat.

"Rest up (Y/n)." He whispered, this time, playing with my hair.

I closed my eyes again, finally able to get the sleep I so desperately wanted.

[G u r e n ' s P o v]

"Well, that was one way to confess to her," Mahiru said as she appeared and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"I panicked, I didn't know what to do alright?" I said, annoyed as she giggled.

"Make sure to win her heart Guren. I've entrusted her to you, so do your best. Who knows? Maybe she already does have feelings for you but just too afraid to say it."

"Whether she already has feelings for me or not, I will win her heart."

Mahiru smiled as she moved up to (Y/n), stroking her hair as she looked at her with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry I can't protect you from him." With that, she disappeared back into the sword and left me alone.

I brought (Y/n) closer to me and she snuggled against me, causing me to let out a smile. I'll be the one to protect her in this world, I promise.