二十八 [N i - J ū H a c h i]

"Did you guys hear that? He's gonna bring everyone back to life!" Yuu exclaimed.

"Don't trust him Yuu-chan," Mika said. "There's no way that's even possible. He's tricking you."

"But..."

"Even if we do assume it's possible, what're the qualifications for getting revived? Is it just going to be the people killed by the virus eight years ago?"

"Yes," Guren answered.

"There, see? Akane and the rest wouldn't come back. They died at a completely different time. And they were killed by vampires, not the virus." Mika stated.

"That's a good point. Shusaku and the rest of my squad only died recently. If there are set parameters for who gets revived, they probably wouldn't qualify." Narumi said.

"Tell me, Lieutenant Colonel. Will my family get revived in this scheme of yours?" Guren stayed silent as he went into thinking.

"Sir, is that why bodies are being kept here? Are all these candidates for revival?" Mitsuba asked.

"Wait a minute. Can I ask a question? Does all this mean that anybody who died in the last eight years and doesn't have their body stored here won't be revived? My sister was killed by a vampire within the last eight years and her body was buried. I don't think there's any of it left anymore." Yoichi informed.

"If that point is an issue then we have a larger problem. It's been eight years since the Catastrophe." I began and stood next to Crowley. "The remains of everyone killed by the virus definitely have decomposed by now."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I stopped myself. "No. If our base parameter is victims of the virus then presence or absence of anybody must be irrelevant."

"Then why are these bodies here?" Kimizuki asked.

"That can be explained. Almost all of the spellcraft tomes necessary for the ceremony should be here."

"But those books are all incredibly dense and obtuse. We can't read them." Shinoa said.

"Of course, idiots can't read them."

"Oh really. Since you are oh so smart, what if we asked for your help?"

"It would take a year for novices like you just to read one of those tomes, never mind comprehend it. Instead just-"

"Just obey you? Is that what you're going to say?" Shinoa interrupted.

"You don't have to obey if you don't want to. But I need you to trust me." Guren said.

"Trust you? After all that you've done?" I asked with sarcasm.

"It's out of the question. The whole thing smells like one big con." Mika said.

"If you don't like it, leave. I don't care. But Yuu, I'm going to keep you here." Guren said and then looked at me.

"(Y/n) too."

"And that's my cue to leave." I said and gave him a fake smile.

"(Y/n), wait. You two are a vital piece to the resurrection and the keyhole to this whole plan. I need you."

I scoffed as I crossed my arms at him, "Ever thought about that before you decided to kill me?"

Taking his silence as a yes, I scoffed again. "That's exactly what I thought."

"Yuu, he could be lying," Mika said as their little chat began to grow louder.

Yuu turned around as he cluelessly asked Guren, "Guren? Were you lying to me?"