二十三 [N i - J u S a n]

"What?" I asked with my eyes widened.

"You and I, are of the same blood. That necklace was something I gifted to you along with another person. We may not look alike as we don't have any similarities but you are my niece."

"So you know what I was in my past? Those memories, do you know about them?"

"Yes...I do know about them."

"Then why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I feared that when the time comes for me to tell you, he may have already overpowered you. It was too fast, he wasn't supposed to come until Tenri Hiragi was dead. Tenri is still alive, so this doesn't make sense."

"He? Who is he?"

"Your father."

"(Y/n)? Hello~? I've been calling your name for the last minute."

I quickly shook my head and looked down. It was Shinoa who had called me. I gave her a small smile, "Sorry. I was lost in thoughts. Mind telling me what happened?"

"We're going to take a bus and save the Vampire Queen," Shinoa informed.

"Ah, okay. Let's go then."

[S h i n y a ' s  p o v]

"Open all the cell doors."

"Huh..?"

"Open them and leave."

"But sir! All of the prisoners will escape-"

"There are no prisoners here. I'll take responsibility. Do as you are ordered."

After seconds of keys rattling, the door opened and footsteps were heard.

"Shinya."

"You shouldn't open the cell doors, Guren. I'll get out and kill you."

"Do it." He answered with no hesitation.

"I'm not fucking around. You betrayed your friends. You killed them." I said with a tint of anger evident in my voice.

"I did."

"You betrayed them, and you killed them."

"Yes."

"I'll forgive you if you explain yourself. Tell me why you did it."

"I killed them. That is the truth."

"Byakkomaru," I said and summoned him.

I stood up in a flash, pointing my rifle at his throat. He didn't flinch nor instinctively defend himself. He just stood there.

"Damn you! Why won't you draw your weapon?! Why won't you dodge?!" Guren looked down as he saw the rifle shaking.

I cursed out loud, putting my rifle at my side. With my free hand, I grabbed his collar.

"Tell me why you did it! You aren't the kind of man who would do that! I know for a fucking fact that you wouldn't kill (Y/n) in exchange for anything! Is it your demon? That's it. You've been possessed by your demon right?!"

"A new drug developed. I am in control now."

"Cut with the bullshit. That's you, Mahiru. You made Guren do this!" I spatted out. Anyone from a far distance could tell I was practically enraged.

"Shinya, calm down."

"Shut up, Mahiru!"

"Mahiru is dead. Dead and gone." Guren repeated.