三十一 [S a n - J ū I c h i]

"This is where Guren grew up?"

I looked around, seeing many furniture in the Ichinose mansion. I then entered the room where Yuu and Mika were and saw that Yuu had awoken.

"Hey, you okay now?" I asked Yuu as I held his cheek with my hand.

"Mhm! I slept really good!" I smiled and ruffled his hair, Yuu smiling cutely at me.

It was 3 in the morning and I definitely could not sleep. I kept having nightmares about my past, constantly reliving the memory of the fire and the pain of being a human experiment.

"You and Mika better not mess up anything in the mansion, especially you," I emphasised and looked directly at Yuu.

"I won't, I promise!"

I smiled and waved to them before leaving the room. I walked through the countless hallways. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I found myself in a garden.

I stepped into the garden, looking up as I stared at the moon. In just a week, my entire life changed. My demon's my uncle, I'm the daughter of the First Progenitor, I control Seraphs and Kureto, Shinoa and myself are in danger.

Just how much better could my life ever get?

"Hey."

I turned around and saw Guren. I smiled a little as he walked up to me.

"Hey," I answered.

"You holding up fine?" He stood directly in front of me, only leaving a metre between us.

"I guess," I shrugged and observed his face. It seemed like he was troubled.

"What's wrong? You seem troubled." I told and took a step closer to him.

"I...still feel like a monster. I deserve to be called one. I killed so many people and most of all, I killed you."

"Guren-"

"No. Let me clear everything first." He sighed. It must've been burdening him a lot and now he decided to let it all out.

"I have loved you ever since we were kids and I still do. When we got together, I promised myself that I would protect you. But instead, I did the complete opposite. I let Mahiru control me and I always told you I would never let her take control.

I broke your trust, I broke the promise. And you just forgave me that easily. You shouldn't have done that so easily. You should have continued to stay mad at me. I want to gain your trust again, even if I already had. I want to prove myself to you again."

I smiled, caressing his cheek as I looked deep into his purple orbs.

"I forgave you easily because I can never forget that you were the one who made my heart flutter. I am still mad with you, don't ever think that you're off the hook that easily. But I also love you. I mean, how can I forget the one I loved for more than 6 years? I decided to give you one last chance. After that, I'm gone forever."

I tiptoed, leaning forward and pecked Guren's lips. "Don't waste this final chance. Save me when I need saving."

He smiled a little before grabbing my hand, intertwining it and looked at me lovingly. "I have to show you something."

"What is it?"

"He's one of yours and Yuu's. Another angel. He's the Sixth Trumpet." My eyes widened and my mouth was slightly agape.

"How?"

"I'll explain it when we're there. First, we have to check on Yuu and Mika."