五 [G o]

Walking down the stairs that went deep underground, Shinoa recalled the previous battle. Yuichiro and (Y/n)'s transformation, and how Guren expected it to happen.

[f l a s h b a c k]

"Don't let them get away! Kill all the vampires!"

Shinoa looked down at Yuichiro who laid in her lap. Looking up, she watched as Guren looked at the soldiers while carrying her sister, (Y/n).

"Well, I guess we got the result we anticipated," Guren said.

"Lieutenant Colonel?" Shinoa called.

Guren turned his head and hummed, "Hmm?"

"There's something I'd like to ask you later."

"I'm not interested in whatever you want to talk about." Guren then began to walk off while still holding (Y/n).

"So don't come."

"Lieutenant Colonel!" She called out again but he ignored her.

[e n d]

Shinoa continued walking and then reached a gate guarded by two soldiers.

"Please stop. From here on is a restricted area." One of them said.

"I'm a member of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army's Vampire Extermination Unit." The soldier then looked at her and saw her rank.

"Even if you are from the Extermination Unit, company officers and below are prohibited to enter."

She looked up at the gate and asked, "What facility is this?"

"I cannot answer that--"

"It's a lab for the guinea pigs." The second soldier answered.

"Hey!"

"What's the big deal? Every troop in Shinjuku knows about it."

"What do you mean by 'guinea pigs'?" Shinoa asked.

"They're researching for weaknesses by using the captured vampire's bodies." The second soldier continued.

"So, human experimentations?"

The soldier laughed, "Sure, if you're calling them humans."

"Anyways, please let me through," Shinoa said and began to reach something inside her pockets.

"We told you, company officers and below can't--"

"Can I get through with this?" She asked and held out a pocket watch that had the Hiragi crest on it.

"The Hiragi family?" He asked and then granted access to Shinoa.

"Thank you." She said.

As she enters the passage, the first soldier asked her, "Um, why would a member of the Hiragi family that controls the Demon Army stay as a sergeant?"

"Because I like the sound of it, 'sergeant'. I'm also not interested in the silly power games within the military. After all, my sister died because of them." She said and continued walking down the passage.