十七 [J ū N a n a]

Once they had landed, the doors opened as the people inside began to walk out. I stood next to Shinoa's squad but kept a close eye on Shinya, who was with Guren's squad, just in case.

Then, Aoi steps out whom Mitsuba is surprised to see. Aoi takes note of her presence yet reacts nothing to her little sister. Finally, Kureto appears which surprises many as no one would have thought Kureto himself would come here.

I gritted as I prevented myself to run over to him and punch him. Shinoa had her hand on mine for additional reinforcement.

"Everyone! I am Lieutenant General Kureto Hiragi, a member of the Hiragi family that rules the Demon Army!" He shouted as he introduced himself. "Thanks for completing the mission. Today, we will have total victory over the vampires founded on the Moon Demon Company's sacrifice. We will take it from here, you can disarm and get comfortable." 

I turned to look at Shinoa and her squad, "Something's wrong. I want you to get ready to fight. Something is going to happen and I can assure you, it's bad."

They all nodded as they got in position, ready to fight at any second.

"Total victory? Vampire nobles are headed this way. Nii-san, how are you planning on winning?" Shinya asked as he walked up.

I unsheathed my sword, gripping the hilt as I got ready to intervene.

"Shinya," Kureto said.

"It's about time you tell us what your plan--"

"Where's Guren?" Kureto interrupted.

"He was captured by the vampires."

"Huh? You're joking. Is he an idiot?" Kureto asked himself before looking back at Shinya.

"Which personality was he? Or is he trying to conspire against me as well?" Kureto asked.

"What?" I mumbled. Did Guren not tell me this particular secret to which Kureto knew?

"What? You still don't know about it?" Kureto asked before looking at me.

"Based on your expression, you don't know it too."

I glared at him as I felt my anger rose, "Shut up Kureto."

"Well, he always did try hard to protect his comrades. He probably wanted to look good since you two are close friends."

"What are you saying? What do you--"

"Shut up now. You have no part to play in this. Let's do it, Aoi." Kureto said and Aoi understood, then motioned something.

A carrier plane then unloads a large shipping crate that had spell tags all over it.

"Wait Kureto, what is that?" Shinya asked warily.

"I said, you have no part to play," Kureto answered and I immediately started walking towards them after looking at Shinoa, saying that I'd be okay.

Shinya summoned his rifle, and Aoi stood in front of Shinya ready to grab her sword. I pointed my sword at Aoi's neck, defending Shinya.

"Stay away from my brother." I spat out in anger.

Aoi backed away by a step, putting her arms by her side. I lowered my sword and backed away too, but just at a distance where I could run to Shinoa or hit Kureto.

Narumi then walks up, shouting at Kureto. Kureto looks down at him and asks who he was, saying that he ordered him to disarm.

"Orders?" He asked and started getting closer to Kureto.