十六 [J ū R o k u]

"Hey, let go! Let go! I said let go!" Yuu shouted as he continued to be dragged by Shinya.

Shinya then threw Yuu onto the ground as he stood up. "Are you guys serious? Are you really going to leave Guren behind?"

I leaned onto Shinya as I felt myself go limp a bit. Shinya turned his head to the right and glanced at Shinoa, "Shinoa-chan."

"Y-Yes?" Shinoa stuttered once he called her.

"Shut him up. He's one of yours right?" 

Shinoa made her way to Yuu as she holds him by the arm. "Yuu-san."

"We really can't? If we all go, there's still..." Yuu trailed off.

"Yuu-san, we made a promise before the mission. That when the time comes, we'd retreat no matter what."

Shinya moved forward, his left arm around my waist for support as I followed. He stroked my hair for comfort as I cried onto him.

"Yeah...but.."

"Major General Shinya has known Lieutenant Colonel Guren longer than you. Look at (Y/n). She's in that much pain because she thinks it's her fault Guren got captured. She and Guren saved you remember? Think how close they were because of you. But..."

I knew Shinoa was looking at the both of us. She wasn't wrong. I indeed did think that it is my fault Guren got captured.

"So are we..?"

"We're not abandoning him. Remember Guren's words." Shinya said. "We're not going back alive. We're..." 

Yuu then continued, "Going back with victory."

"We have people we want to protect. We won't lose. That's why we have to continue the mission."

"Shinya-sama, (Y/n)-sama."

We both turned around and then walked towards Goshi. "Goshi, you saved us back there. Are you guys okay?"

"Yes, well, in a sense.." Goshi said and then looked at the girls.

Sayuri was crying hard, but not as hard as me. Shigure held onto her as she had a frown on her face, clear that she too was sad. Mito wiped away the tears as she looked at Shinya.

"Let's continue the mission, Shinya-sama. What's our next move?"

Shinya nodded his head at Goshi, as if they confirmed something. "First, we'll join Narumi's squad. The hostages should be freed by now and waiting for their next orders at our hideout."

"Are you saying we should ditch our family and put the mission first?" Yuu asked as he looked at us. "But Shinoa. If we leave our family in a messed-up world like this, what else is there to live for and to cherish?"

He then stumbled to a wall, sliding to the floor. "He's...Guren...is family."

We all stayed silent for minutes, not even the wind was heard. I looked down, not wanting to have eye contact with anyone. Shinya's grip around my waist didn't falter as I knew he was staying strong for me.

"(Y/n)..." Shinya muttered as he looked down at me. I shook my head, burying my face into his chest. 

"I can't Shinya. It hurts so much."