Chapter 18: Shock

A/N

Dua before eating

بسم الله وعلى بركة الله

Bismillahi wa ala barakatillah

In the name of Allah and with the blessings of Allah I begin (eating)".

Dua on forgetting the Dua before eating

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ فِي أَوَّلِهِ وَآخِرِهِ

Bismillaahi fee aw-walihi wa aakhirihi.

In the name of Allah, in its beginning and end. (3)

Dua on finishing eating

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي أَطْعَمَنِي هَذَا وَرَزَقَنِيهِ مِنْ غَيْر حَوْلٍ مِنِّي وَﻻﹶ قُوَّةٍ

Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee at'amanee hathaa wa razaqa-neehi min ghayri hawlin minnee wa laa quwwatin.

All praise is for Allah, who fed me this, and provided it for me without any might or power from myself. (4)

-

To all Muslims or anyone generally interested, the above duas should be memorized and stated at appropriate times when eating a meal. Let me know if there are any errors in the duas given, I took the arabic verses from a website but some times reliability is null. I know there is a tendency to forget these duas but its good to remind one another.

Sorry for the wait, classes started again. I hope you are all having an amazing life. Here is an update. Hope you guys like it. We are almost at 6k!!! This is beyond  amazing. Thank you all so much for the support. Continue writing comments, I appreciate each and everyone of them. Share. Vote. All that stuff. :)

____

I arrive to school that day with a dire headache, the type that pumps rays of electricity through your entire brain, pulsating it in insufferable agony. I am able to disregard the feeling for the first half of biology,  but the pain heightens when it suddenly intermingles with stomach cramps.

I sit on my chair disoriented, not able to concentrate on anything the teacher is saying. It doesn't help that rumours proceed to roam directly in front of me.

All I can think of are painkillers. 

By the bell's ring, the extremity of the pain becomes dim with patient misery. While grabbing hold of my things, I realize Adam's absence.

 He must be working again. 

 "Aamirah!" Nura shrieks into my ear, making me wince.

 "Nura, don't yell, I'm right here." I whisper in sympathy with my throb inflicted head.

 "Sorry," she gasps with worried eyebrows.

 "What's wrong?" Sophia enquires after a while, eyeing me carefully.

 "Migraine," I mutter with nausea.

"Is this about the whole Adam thing?" Nura asks, her question arousing laughter.

"No," I assure them, sealing the mouth of my locker.

 "Speaking of Adam," Nura gapes over my head, her frown aging before I follow her direction.

I chew my shock before digesting the tugging at my chest.

Adam displays a dark shade under one of his eyes, his lips noticeably swollen pink. His left cheek is also bruised. The rest of his face emphasizes normal but the two blemishes hint at the pain he'd undergone. I observe him as he stands there obliviously talking away with his circle of friends in indifference. His hair is sported by a black beanie, which sits well with his grey sweats and black T-shirt. I steal a look at the abrasions one last time before being dragged away by Sophia.