Chapter 32: Relapse

A/N

I am so incredibly sorry for being so inactive. It personally hurts me when I am not able to get the time to write. I missed the characters so much and all of you guys! I have been so busy, I can't even explain it. But regardless, I have updated and I hope you all understand. I am so overjoyed with all the new support and love. THANK YOU SO MUCH (JazakAllah Khair). I have been having my doubts about the title of my book and cringe at certain previous parts of my book and am currently contemplating on changing a bunch of stuff. I had tried to get into editing the previous cringe worthy chapters so please bare with me.

Take the time to watch the 2 minute video above. It's wonderful.

 Please continue to vote, comment, and share. It really does motivate me. Today I had to sit down and write simply because of all of the recent love! So I owe this all to you!

----

"You're sure it's him?" Adam questions through a clenched jaw. He is on a rampage of anger.

"Yeah," I whisper with my lips trembling.

"We're going to get him," he promises through stressed eyebrows. I jump when he smacks the newspaper hard against the chair. He pushes on the wall and I can hear him trying to calm his heavy breathing with his head hung.

"We're going to get the bastard," he persuades, his eyes locking with mines in complete seriousness. And just like that, I believe him.

"Okay," I stammer.

"You just need to focus on getting better, I'll take care of it," he is concentrating on the floor now with that devil of a focus. And this expression terrifies me because I know he's coming up with ideas.

"I need to get out of here," I whimper while moving uncomfortably around this confinement. Mindy was beyond furious with me for making such a move. I did it. I let the police know about everything. But sitting around with my overthinking mind was going to become the death of me.

"No, absolutely not!" He shakes his head after yelling at me.

"You're going to stop me?" I ask, my eyes going crazy while I sneer at him.

"Have you looked at your self?" He increases his tone while pointing at me in disgust. I stop breathing for a second.

"Do you want to die too?" he frustrates and turns around quickly to pinch the bridge of his nose. I see the pain in his eyes when he says this. And that expression shreds my heart into trillions of pieces.

"Of course not," I whisper to the blanket.

"You need to start eating Aam, you're starting to scare me," He turns around much calmer this time and looks at me softly.

"I'm fine," I gulp but face him with confidence.

"No, you're not," he laughs in mockery.

"Yes, I am," I press. I don't know whom I am trying to convince here.

"If you were fine, would you be here in the first place?" he asks almost rhetorically and with rising anger.

"Why does it matter? We need to focus on the real issue here," I yell in frustration. This subject was starting to get old. There was much more important things to worry about. I wasn't one of them.

"You are the real issue, the rest will come," he talks like he is losing his last nerve of patience.

"I'm not the one dead Adam, my father is gone! He left.  I won't ever feel the same way again, because he's never coming back. Never.   I apologize for mourning the death of my innocent father but I need to get justice for him. He survived, he worked so hard to get better. So hard. That evil man took his life away without even taking accountability for his actions. He needs to be found and jailed and I'd like to think that my brain will settle once I know I have done something to become a part of it. I need to do this," I choke amongst most of the sentences and by the end, am a complete mess of tears and trembling with gritted teeth. Adam just looks back at me in empathy, truly taking in every word coming out of my mouth without any of his habitual interruptions.