Chapter 13: Everything

A/N- A warning to anyone reading this, this story is going slow for a reason. Please make sure you are aware of that while reading it. Thank you loads for taking time out of your day to read my work, it means everything. Now that my finals are done, I am going to start updating more, probably another chapter in the next couple of minutes. Anyways, enjoy reading. 

_____

The day I discerned my feelings, was ironically enough, a cloudy storm.

I had trudged away from first period towards my locker. While in the process of exchanging textbooks, I had experienced a strong physical force throw me forward.

I bypassed it for a while, naively misinterpreting it for an accidental budge from the over flow of students in the hallways. The second time it happened was a lot harder, persuading me to turn and seek the cause.

In front of me stood a group of typical blond girls, nostrils flared. Their eyes darted up and down my body in disgust. I controlled my hitched breathing and fear.

I hated confrontation, of any kind. I knew I was not a fighter because the whole process of violence scared me.

"Is there something wrong?" I had questioned, shielding my quivering lips with arms crossed over my chest to lie for my lack of strong.

One of the taller girls panned around while replicating a hyena's laugh, the other girls following like sheep. I remember my throat getting dry, the feeling of raw sand moulding the entirety of it. When they finally decided to halt their fit, the long legs engraved my back into the lockers behind me.

 "Why yes in fact we do have a problem," she hissed in my face, her spit and pungent breath splattering on the sides of my cheeks. Her bright blue orbs shouted at me, my cowardly face reflecting in them.

 "And that is?" I barked back at her, not willing to show my vulnerability.

 "You, you're our problem," she spat, one hand ruffling the shirt to my collar and the other forcibly lifting my chin to face her.

I braved myself to mow her in the chest with my two hands, only as self defence. She stumbled backwards, but her groupies reciprocated with fatal pain.

The injustice of heavy blows to the face by three relatively heavier girls equated to a lion preying on a bird.

My nose had speedily started to bleed rich iron, my eyes caught up with fogged stream. I couldn't see or feel anything, the pain was too amplified. The punches followed with hard kicks into my gut. I tried to pry their hands, push, or kick them, but this fragile bird was loosing its chirp. I could only see black flashes, my head a tornado. 

The roaring of students I remember just vaguely, whispered the extent of encouragement flocked by them. I continued to defend my sloughing feathers, but weakness had limited my efforts.

After a slow and long eternity and a half, a voice had grabbed the predators. They were pulled firmly and held back by some guys. The only one that exerted the slightest sliver of  comfort was Adam. He towered over one of them struggling for freedom, while showing immense hurt through just his eyes. His body language was stiff and controlled, yet he was breathing uncontrollably fast and deep.

 "That's what you get for 9/11, you terrorist," the alpha blond roars behind, all while being hauled away. The words redundantly echoed in my ears, my heart being torn apart by such an ignorant accusation.

While staring at my blurry earthquake inflicted hands and feet, the principle came around and shouted the overwhelming amount of people gathered, back to their classes. It was like a swarm of bees, being escorted away from desperately flashing pictures of a violated human.