Chapter 42: Ego

I know I know :'( I have been gone for so long, I'm so sorry! Hopefully, I don't take such a long period off next time. This story will be ending soon :( Ahh the memories of making this, I am feeling all kinds of emotions. I also burst into tears when I saw we surpassed 100K, I owe this all to you beautiful readers. I am so blessed Alhamdulillah. Thank you to all those who still tune into my story, I have no words to describe the amount of appreciation I have for your support! I have the most amazing readers! I hope you enjoy this chapter, please share, comment, and vote! <3 Watch the video above In sha Allah. Until next time In Sha Allah

----

The air thickens into fat droplets as my words echo the walls of a dome that salvages us from the whole of the world. The weather boils profusely, my palms precipitating in rhythm. I attempt control over the exploding abuse knocking at my chest, but its useless.

This is it.

His head snaps up, sweet honey eyes a brink towards chaos. A fire sanctions the specks of his irises, this being a vulnerable aim to the pupils that dictate the entire surface area.

Alert.

My teeth are sinking further into the flesh of my cheeks, every part of me bloated with impatience. 

His shoulder descend the slightest, fists a confused flexing to his sides. There's a self inflicted wound that grows in his frown, unknowing of the reason behind it. His eyebrows arch and he exhales, the weight of his breath denser than the atmosphere enclosing us into cluster phobia. My lungs begin suffocating and I realize I can't breath.

He turns away from me in silence to redeem his intimate connection with the locker to his side, head low. I see him swallow the rock that gnaws in this throat before facing me, everything at peace.

Ego nurtures, welcoming its height as boulder to reality, a reality I had created for myself. Maybe for reassurance, or for my own selfishness. It wins over him, fuelling his ears with lies, eyes with deception.

So instantly, his face and eyebrows tame, lips uncurled. And within a millisecond of witness, it's all gone. He gulps to wither his vulnerability in a galaxy yet to be discovered.

He plays with his mouth, it opening and closing for appropriate speech.

The words nurture the intensity of the fault line that tethers between my two feet. 

"That's great," he speaks through a warm smile, an abyss to a distance I want to run. His eyes droop to their sides, them disagreeing with his voice. 

Yet, they don't disobey him; a unanimous hoax.

I sense the foul dirt that canvases his tone, the deny rotten to the beauty it surrounds. 

There is a suffocation that builds around my heart.  No fight, no queries, no humour; just  serious carelessness. And that was the worst part, his unnatural approach. 

The truth bleaches its way onto my face, my eyes burning with excruciating intensity. I start shivering, the warmth of the dome disfiguring right before me, its strong interwoven body splattering around us. The fluid tightens around my ankles like metal shackles would, forcing me down as I stand at its mercy.

A millisecond and my bones break individually, each one worse than the other in symptom with their comprehension; he will never admit it.

So I back away, the thunderstorm following me as I beg the grip on my ankles to loosen.

"Yeah," I nod, the word vomited out of me with a gun to my throat. My eyes return to their infant age.

"You don't seem so thrilled," he tilts his head as he appears before me, my eyes weak to a clear view. 

 A curiosity of test, he wants to see me cry. 

And he wins because my world starts blanking into a dimming brightness. 

I pull myself into the blind cave that inhabits a damaged twin, her hidden to the public eye. 

"I'm fine," I reassure. But I am denied my integrity as I rub the hypocrite tears gnawing their way into pools within my trembling lips.

I had confronted my reality, all the proof I needed profiled right before me in a form I still, still couldn't accept.

"Did he do something to you?" He's rushing with a stern voice, the statement inviting an unsolicited sob.

"You did," I want to scream until my throat goes raw.

But I never do.

"No," I rapidly shake my head.