Chapter 15: Debt

A/N- Thanks for the support! Please vote, comment, share. 

__

The sky is a phantom of crystal. The clouds are far too plumped and the birds sing over excitedly. Trees magnify a fascinating green beyond the vast of infinity. I gape at the giraffe sized strands of grass displaying on either sides of my cheeks. The humid dirt beneath adds the illusion of float.

After enough reluctance, I manage to brush the clinging plants off my soaked clothes.

I stand up to everlasting nature, not a soul in sight. Rows of bright red roses in abundance blind me. The sun's rays tumble around.

I inhale my surroundings.

Did I die?

And just like that, my body starts trembling. I cross my arms over my chest and allow my lips to quiver. The salty taste of tears intermingle in my mouth, my only warmth. I let my knees dive into the soft soil and listen to my heavy heaves of breath.

For a very long time.

In the ends of my outburst, my blurry sight catches a shadow miles away. With quick rubbings at my face, I dislodge my self off of the ground and sprint towards the figure, my feet flying with hope. I dismiss the constant scraping of roots at my bare feet.  The welcoming warm air flickers at my cheeks but drags my ability to accelerate.

My eyes greedily focus on the tall figure, who in squints, appears to be running towards me. I continue my sprint with heart drumming against my chest, the blood pulsations not missing any inch of my body.

And with every thud of mud implant, I can feel my nearness.

It's a blink away.

The second I visualize the illuminated hazel eyes, my motivation is exhilarated.

 One. Two. Three.

 One. Two. Three.

 1 more step.

"Aasif," I cry in despair, finally exhaling the bottled air.

I throw myself at him, my quaking fingers disabled to grasp him as tight as I want. And so I sob into his jacket, escaping my inner loneliness. We both stand there in his silence.

I slowly release my hold to face his red-rimmed eyes. He looked so tired and fueled in pain.

My curiosity rolls in large waves.

"Aasif, what happened?" I search his eyes impatiently.

"Aamirah please hold on"

"What?" I gape, overwhelmed.

He grabs my shoulder tightly and starts shaking me. This continues, the action equating to the doings of an earthquake.

"Aasif?" But his eyebrows are angrily focused, completely disregarding my voice.

I eye my perplexity as everything behind him transforms invisible. The soft sun-kissed garden and sky begin their vanish. Everything unfolds together and with one lightning strike, it's all gone.

Inspired into a barricading black.

"I need you to wake up now, I can feel you're heart," Aasif whispers in pure agony. It feels like a distant command.

 So far away to actually hear.

My shoulders are shaken in more haste. Then I feel the discomfort of resuscitation, my protest to no avail. The last whiff of air blows its way into my lungs and I finally feel overpowering flow of water swim its way out of me.