Chapter 17: False Assumptions

A/N- The prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said, "I know a word, the saying of which will cause him to relax, if he does it, if he says: 'I seek Refuge with Allah from Satan.' than all his anger will go away."

So, try to control your anger by saying that and that will avoid the sins that follow up while being angry. I know that anger causes feelings to be hurt as people begin to swear and start violence so it's good if that is avoided. Also try to breath before you take another step while being angry. That helps too. 

Enjoy the chapter. Please comment, vote, and share. 

-----

The rest of the break melts in a blur. The only thing I accomplish is sleep. 

This semester is nearing its death but the dreaded final exams are approaching their birth. And I am just not ready. 

I also have a whole month of material to catch up on because I swam in my sorrow for that long. All of this proved overwhelming. 

"The biology presentations are happening next week, so be prepared!" Ms. Pharrel notifies in a rush while everyone exits.

Guilt begins consuming me as I gather the time wasted during winter break. 

But what the heck. 

I start to pack my things but stop to look up at Adam, who has now moved in front of my table. He looks so refreshed. His hair is noticeably trimmed to the sides. His eyes are entranced with flecks of smothered dark brown married to lighter hues of caramel, framed by golden eyelashes. My eyes wander to his white collared shirt under the black sweater which embarks intimidation as it rolls up to his elbow. The dress code is so unlike him, it baffles me. 

I gulp quickly and quietly so he doesn't grow suspicion. While avoiding his strengthening gaze, I finish throwing my stuff as neatly as I can into my bag. 

I straighten up and clear my throat. He breaks out of his stance and reciprocates an expression of disbelieve, as if he just perceived my place in front of him. I start feeling a wave of nerves. I try for the door but he blocks my path with a smirk. 

 "Um, Adam," I whisper, attempting to verbally get him out of my way.

 "Yeah?" his eyebrows arch perfectly, lips failing to hide the appearing grin.

 "Get out of my way," I order. 

 "Sure," He surrenders, whilst backing away. 

 I follow him until he halts and yet again, blocks my exit.

 "You are going to make me late for my next class," I warn, tapping my legs in irritation.

 "Live a little," Amusement consumes him. 

"I am tired of this game," I groan, fueling a smirk out of him. 

"You played me at the cafe, its your turn," He whispers, like it's a secret. 

 By now, there are students standing outside the classroom, hustling with loud conversations.

I just roll my eyes.

 "Can we talk about this outside," I suggest, directing my hands towards the hallways where impatient freshmen stand. 

 "After you."

I walk a couple feet and can feel eyes glued to me. By the time I turn towards Adam who is advancing towards me, I apprehend that they are gaping at the both of us. 

"So?" Adam inquires, his impressive height tormenting me.  

 He appears wholly oblivious to the eyes behind us.