Chapter 22: Anchored

Please take a couple of minutes to watch the awe-inspiring video above. It is honestly going to be the most well used six minutes of your time. 

I hope you all have had an amazing week thus far. I wanted to quickly talk about how hard I work on every single chapter ( to which some may argue against) but nonetheless, I put a lot of effort into each and every chapter. It would mean everything to me if there was more love put towards all of the chapters. Shout out to all of the same people who actively comment and vote on my work! I want to hug each and everyone of you! You all honestly make this all worthwhile because needless to say, writing is a hobby and incredible passion of mines so it never feels like work, but it would be great if I got some more feedback!

Maybe leave a comment and share it with anyone who loves to read? Thanks for all the love! <3

____

A week later and I'm standing in the mute halls of school. It's a relatively premature morning but I needed to escape the mundane of the hospital. My father is heavily medicated so his lack of conscious helped the leave. The seizures continued until this morning. Still, the happiness was stabbed by the smell of sick, so I left early. The only thing cruising me through is the doctor's promise of his leave today.

So everything is going to be okay, I promise myself.

And even with that, I attempt to thin my thoughts of Adam. Except, its impossible since everything replays to the point of driving me crazy. I hated that he did that to me, taking control of my thoughts.

That night, I cried. A lot. 

I meant nothing to him.

I am torn apart, but despise it. I loathe the weakness I endure because of him. Over top of it all, it makes me bleed knowing he isn't the person of my visions. I knew I wasn't doing myself a favour by still prisoning that little ounce of hope. Hope that deep down, he is the same person.

He has to be.

I flail around with silence befriending me until I scavenge a flawless spot by the window. I revel in my novel until people start polluting the halls. Then, I just follow crowds into the main hallway, where Nura and Sophia are sitting by my locker.

"Hey," they smile in unison. 

"What's up?" I ask, crouching to their level.

"Sophia was boring me with her jokes, how are you doing?" Nura inquires with a glint in her eyes. They've been laughing.

"The same," I fixate on the marble floor.

They both nod and I just sit there absorbing their fits. I try to provide my input but it doesn't make any sense. It is the first time in a long time that I feel alienated around my friends. When my jittering continues, I announce my exit.

"I'm going to go get my schedule, I'll see you guys in a bit," I speak through a black mailed grin.

"Oh, okay," Sophia sounds, searching my face with bewilderment. Nura nods in understanding.

"You okay?" Sophia asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"We'll see you then," Nura waves in sad.

A nod and I'm off to homeroom through barbarically crowded hallways. I grimace as I'm thrown around, this time worse than the rest.

"Watch where your going," I hear the most unwanted voice.

"Aamirah," he breaths through a grin. And as I watch his perfect face,  everything from that night starts drilling through my mind, all at once. The fatal heat of colliding bodies in addition to the sight of his face, mutilates me. Within a blink, my feet begin spinning when I wander to his hand attached to manicured nails. I control the tears when the familiar brunette stands behind him.