Chapter 29: Blink of an Eye

Here is another friendly reminder. I really hope these are helping people. I always love to learn new information about Islam and I hope these little pointers are helping increase the knowledge of any one reading. Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Method of Making Ghusal

1. Wash both your hands up to the wrist.

2. Wash the private parts properly to remove all the dirt. Remove all pubic hair and the hair from under the arms.

3. Make WUDU. Ensure that the mouth and the nostrils are washed properly. Also brush your teeth and gargle your mouth till the throat.

4. Wash the entire head properly.

5. Then wash the entire body, making sure that every part is washed properly. Start with the right-hand side of the body and then the left-hand side.

6. When you have completed the Ghusal, dry the whole body with a clean towel and get dressed as quickly as possible.

The Fards (Faraa'id) of Ghusal

1. To wash the whole mouth. If you are not fasting, then you must gargle your mouth until the water reaches the throat.

2. To cleanse the nostrils.

3. To wash the whole body thoroughly from the head to the toe.

There are certain actions in Ghusal which are Sunnah. If you perform these actions you will get great Thawaab. These actions are:

1. The person should make the Niyyah or intention for Ghusal.
2. Washing the hands 3 times till the wrist.
3. Washing the private parts thoroughly.
4. All dirt from the body should be removed.
5. To perform the Wudu.
6. To pour water over the right shoulder 3 times and then over the left shoulder 3 times.
7. To pour water over the head and the whole body 3 times.
8. Washing the feet when Ghusal is completed and then leaving the place of Ghusal.
9. To make Ghusal in a private place. If you are making Ghusal in the bathroom, make sure that the door is closed and nobody can see you.
10. Make sure that you do not read or speak while making Ghusal. If somebody does call you and you need to reply then make a noise or sound like you are clearing your throat. The person will know that you are making Ghusal and will not disturb you.
11. To dry the body with a clean towel or cloth.

Take a couple of minutes to watch the beautiful reminder above.

21k!! What ?!?! Alhamdullilah. JazakAllah (thank you) every one! You guys are all such beautiful souls. I appreciate all of the votes and comments so much I can't explain it! Please continue to vote, comment, and share, it means so much to me.

---

Adam wasn't lying.

Time flew by slow, but it did. The first week was handicapped and crawled in miserably feeble motions. I would stare at the empty seat in front of me and miss most of the lecture in the process. Each walk in the hallway was short lived. I would drive home feeling like I had forgot something. Every other day became routine and I got accustomed to not seeing his face or hearing his voice, no matter how hard it was to accept.

Weeks became months. Finals arrived and left. I marked the day of my father's departure and remember not being able to sleep that night out of pure excitement. When the time came and we had successfully brought him home healthy and safe, I had excused my self and ran to the bathroom to cry. 

Not just because I was happy about my father's arrival. But because I was now fully convinced that he wasn't coming back. 

The worst part of it all was my heart ached and worried immensely for his safety. Considering I had many sleepless nights following the arresting incident, I had no doubt that Adam was out there in danger and no one would know of his exact whereabouts. Cici and his father surprisingly dismissed his disappearance too quickly for my liking. It made me wonder if they knew of his location. I had intended to call and ask Cici but it seemed inappropriate, so I never did. I sat there in what I felt was ignorance, staring at the changing seasons outside my window, while my family sat in the background, completely unfazed by my lack of optimism.