Chapter 33: Dinner

A/N- 

Please Vote, comment, share.

Thanks all for the continuous support, it always makes my day so much better! <3

Take time to watch the powerful video above. Subscribe to iLovUAllah Productions on Youtube for more videos like this.

--

I have been playing with my fingers for so long now that the patterns just naturally encircle the surface. There are people everywhere. The sounds of wheeling luggage continuously splash the walls. I have been biting viciously at my cheek and can't stop the unnecessary foot tapping while my eyes concentrate on the arrival gate. I throw my third empty teacup into the garbage before walking to the bathroom. An old lady huddled up near the mirror gets startled while applying a daring red lipstick but I smile in reassurance and lock myself up in a stall. Once I hear complete silence, I near the mirror and wash my face with insanely cold water. My eyes are tinted a bright red and my face is so flushed. I feel really anxious for no reason.

I trudge around the empty bathroom for a while before returning back into the waiting area. I take a seat on a chair and continue holding onto my patience.

And after what seems like an eternity, I see her.

I elevate into a standing position and watch Ayah while she looks around for me. I wave my hands to get her attention and instantly, her eyes flicker over to me and she stops for a while. I see her muffle a sob and then she drops everything to run towards me. I stand like a statue before sliding my feet across the floor. I can see her crying now and feel myself doing the same. She gets closer and inspects all the damage I was forced to phantom during these months at arms length before grabbing a strong hold of me.

It feels so nice to have her here.

I didn't tell her about my dad.

For a long time.

Until deciding to, yesterday, before her flight.

I didn't know if that was such a good idea, but I was certain she would be upset with me once I did tell her too late. We talked with silence through the phone. She wouldn't believe me and we both cried eventually. But then left it to the quiet again.

"I am so sorry Aam," She breathes through the sobs. I just return the hug and nod because there is nothing else to say.

Her mother shares the same grievances and talks to me like her second daughter. I let her bask me in prayer before Ayah motions for me to leave with her. She supports me with her arms and we silently walk out of the airport towards my car. I blast the heat while vigorously rubbing my hands as I get inside.

"You must hate coming back already," I chuckle while looking at the blanket of cold epidemic on the ground.

"I missed the snow, strangely," she smiles, but it doesn't meet up with her eyes. She is looking at me as if I am a robot and it's putting me on edge.

"How have you been?" She huffs so sadly.

"I've been doing better," I gulp, remembering how much internal pain I actually underwent.

"You're my little warrior Aam," She admires and I grin at that uneasily.

"So, how was your trip?" I ask her to cut the sudden tautness. She quickly notices my dismissal of the topic and kindly follows my lead.

"It was hot," she laughs and I find myself doing the same with her.

The sun really did wonders for her pale complexion. The glowing tan popped her alluring eyes. I see her teeth clattering and laugh again. It's soothing that after some time, there is not a lot of intentional tightness in the car, everything seems as normal as ever.