Chapter 27: Bullets

Ramadan Mubarak everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates. This month is about bettering ourselves as Muslims so with that said, I will probably not update at all until Ramadan is over. Thank you all for the amazing support, especially those who continuously comment and vote on every chapter. You guys are all the best and you make writing this story a lot more enjoyable. So JazakAllah Khair (thank you) everyone! For any Muslims out there who are fasting, please remember that Ramadan is not a month to solely be fasting. Try to do anything that will bring you closer to Allah. Read the Quran in portion such that you finish the entire Quran by the end of the 30 days. Make sure you don't swear, lose your temper, lie, backbite, or ease into other temptations. It is about purifying your mind and body not to lose weight or detox your body. If any one gets the chance, pray Nafl, pray tahajjud, Ishraq, Taraweeh. Also, help somebody out, give charity, pay for some one's Iftar or pay for multiple people's. Go and donate some food (dates etc) to your local mosque to be used for Iftar time, donate some prayer mats, hijabs, Qurans etc. Do anything that will make you a better Muslim. Also, please please don't mock other Muslims who try extra hard this month because you never know how much closer they are with God than you.

Remember that in Ramadan, the amount of rewards received for every good deed is amplified so do any good you can. Try to completely take out your time spent watching movies etc or listening to music and instead watch Islamic lectures to better your knowledge and listen to surahs from the Quran. I have been constantly listening to Mishary Rashid Al Afasy. Also, anytime you get the chance, ask for forgiveness (astaghfirullah- I seek forgiveness from Allah)- Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recited this at least 100 times a day. Also- Whoever says "SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi" a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea. [Sahih al-Bukhari; #7:168, Sahih Muslim; #4:2071]. I mean come one, how easy is this to say, don't be lazy In Sha Allah.

Just remember this is a blessed month in which the Quran was first revealed, so please spend your time wisely. Time is of the essence so make the best use of it In Sha Allah. Everybody please pray Allah makes it easy for all of our brothers and sisters around the world going through hard times.If you would like to, donate to those who can't even get access to water or food to break their fast, especially in the growing heat. 

If you are on the go, download Quran Apps and listen to the Quran with the meanings. It gives me so much pleasure to be able to understand what I am reading from the translations so I would really encourage those apps, making sure they are certified with accuracy. There are so many out there, just find one that is good for you. You can also download prayer apps so you never miss prayer. 

I have been listening to the version of Surah Rahman (which is no doubt one of my favourite Surahs) above non stop and cry every time because of how true the words are in addition to the nature subhan'Allah. 

--

I grip onto the pleasant burning around my mug. The smell of freshly brewed tea seeps through my senses, giving about the most euphoric feeling. The obvious clatter of utensils intermingled with soft chatter echo amongst the walls of this small area of space. A variety of baked goods being made bring about the most unique aroma all around. It smelt of morning and I was growing accustomed to the perfect mood it stirred out of me. The rattling rain against the windows issued an insanely stimulating rhythm.

I would never have thought that I would be coming back to this café but Ayah emphasized that he wasn't here.

He.

The man whose stricken eyes and obscurely confused personality, brought me into utter insanity. Ayah had double-checked the worker while she hauled me over here against my own will, practically kicking and screaming. It still astounded me that she had found this isolated location but she did. She knew I would like it. Little did she know that I loved it. But it wasn't where I wanted to be because prior to coming inside, I was sure he would be here, only he wasn't. And there was something so small in the corner of my brain that realized I was disappointed by the idea, but I wouldn't dare confront the feeling. Not to any one. I hadn't communicated with him for a little over a month now and deep down; I knew it was for the better. But that didn't mean he didn't try to because he did.