Chapter 48: Home

Please keep everyone around the world in your prayers. There are some very upsetting things going on and I think it is so important for us to not only pray but to also help within our means. I especially feel so much pain for the innocent children that are enduring horrific crimes at an age they are supposed to be playing and making sweet memories with friends and family. The youtube video above pulled a couple of my heart strings. I get so emotional thinking about how much these helpless babies have endured from such a young age in effect of their unfortunate surroundings and the evil that circulates them. It makes my heart heavy even writing about it. I pray they all receive justice and peace. I hope Allah takes their pain and suffering away. Amen.

For some of you that have been asking, I have completed rough drafts of the remaining chapters so any chance I have leisure time, I am going to be editing those to upload. Again, I apologize to those who have been waiting- I honestly don't even have time for myself nowadays haha so I am going to try my best. I should be more regular since they are completed- I just have to edit them. Thank you always for your support! <3

---

The darkness fabricating my eyes provide my other senses permission to fish for every fragile instance of my surrounding. The fear of oblivion is robbed completely by the the comfort Adam  soothes with his hand.

"You doing okay?" he asks once in a while and follows it through with a gentle squeeze along my palm.

"Yes," I answer every time through a smile I can't seem to imprison.

"So do you regret it?" he laughs, a melody I would probably never adjust to.

"What?" I stutter.

"Marrying me," there's a hint of anxiety in his voice as he vocalizes this.

I allow silence to befriend me as I think of a response.

"We'll find out," I bite my tongue and smile.

He laughs for a while. I can feel him shaking his head.

"I hope not," he whispers under his breath so silently I barely miss it.

"Where are you taking me?" I pry to divert his attention.

"If I tell you now, what was the point of the blind fold?" he leans in and whispers in my ear.

"Are we almost there?" I try in attempt to ignore my goosebumps.

"Almost," he says in a way I know he is smiling.

Without a second to comprehend what happens, I feel my back hit the seat behind me and my stomach sink into an endless pit.

"Adam!" I shriek as I grab anything in my reach and tighten my grip around his hand.

He speeds up even more.

"Please!" I cry and this funds his hysterics further.

"It's not funny," I rummage through the barricade of clenched teeth in offence to a stomach full of butterflies.

"Okay, okay," he chuckles while my back relieves itself from the grip of leather.

"I'm sorry Aam," he mocks through a snicker after I refuse to turn my chin towards him.

My mind reverberates this new norm. The hand I am clasping onto for dear life. I gradually ease the hold as soon as I become consciously aware of the pressure his hand is being victimized to. The intoxicating smell of his cologne, a scent I would often be smothered by from a distance. It was now a constant reminder of the intimate space that now barely separates us. I am consumed by it. Wholeheartedly.