Chapter 36: Evil

A/N- I want to dedicate this chapter to @topaz786 for being the most active in chapter 35. You are such an amazing soul, I am so warmed by your support. Thank you (JazakAllah khair) with all my heart.  You motivated me to write this chapter, as did everyone else sending me messages of love. 

Happy late late late Eid Mubarak to everyone! I hope you had the most amazing Eid filled with love and laughter. 

I have also been slaving away and editing my previous chapters.  Let me tell you, it was/is exceptionally difficult! Please go back and check them out if you want. The recent are yet to be edited. I also have some new stuff I am planning so stay tuned for that if you want haha. 

The Nasheed above is my life right now, have a listen. As is this: 

Enjoy the chapter! :)

--

I can hear myself breathing in heavy heaves, my ears clouding with the loud exhales of my panic. My teeth clatter as I gape at the telephonic device with oceans copious of overwhelmingness.

"Take it!" He's been roaring that for realms of forever, his patience protruding away like the veins bulged in his neck.

I feel a weight in my lap before the power of my chest weakens. And just like that, Adam's voice sounds. It's so strange but so tonic all at the same time that I feel my nerves slip away into oblivion. I strive past the ringing in my ears to the phone speaking in volume.

"Aamirah, let me know your okay, Please." the desperation in his voice rips at my heart. He sounds absolutely miserable.

"I'll be there in a couple minutes, say something; anything, please" he sounds distracted and I worry he's speeding.

"Please."

Please.

I stay quiet while he repeats this word so many times with heightening incredulous pain that I activate my sobs.

"Just hold on for a bit longer, I'm almost there," he expresses very calm but the anger withheld still gnaws in the harsh exhales of his breath.

I nod like he can see me.

"Stay on the phone okay?"

Another nod.

The man whom took me hostage stares at me with a perverted expression, his eyes pure with glint. I watch as his feet pace in front of a black canvas, scowling at his smile and the way he repeatedly grasps onto the gun in his pocket. I tremor at the possibilities to come, my chest rising in palpable heights.

"Don't come," I voice through forcibly gritted teeth.

Silence.

"Don't do it Adam," I choke of dripping desperation as I glare at the entertained figure before me.

"Adam, please" I bawl, my voice vaporizing the strength we agreed on.

It's too late too fast.

My eyes try to adjust to the blinding headlights.

His car skids against the concrete to the point of fumes. I automatically jump and feel my heart start drumming against my ribcage when he rushes out. He slams the door to an unfamiliar charcoal vehicle, the force subjugating the quietude.