I'm just lowly trash - Nagito x Reader

another non-killing game AU, take some fluff/comfort, but like you'll give it to him cuz my poor boy deserves it

TW? suicidal thoughts, kind of

(y/n) pov

I walked around the halls, searching for Komaeda-Kun, I haven't seen him all day and that makes me worried. Normally I would've seen him at least once today, but I didn't. Walking around I heard a voice, it was quiet, but I heard it.

"I could just end it all" or something like that, I need to find the person, I didn't have a good feeling with this.

I quickened my pace listening to the voice to find that someone in this labyrinth of rooms and halls. I turned left, around a corner, into a new hallway and the voice got a bit louder.

"Nobody cares anyway" could that be?

It sounds a bit like Komaeda, that would make sense, that would be why I haven't seen him today.

I quickened my pace once again, nearly running and following the voice.

"My friend...I can finally see you again"

Now I was sure, it's definitely Komaeda.
I turned around another corner, walking down the hallway, looking into each of the rooms. Somewhere here he has to be. His voice is normal loud now, looking in the next room I see him, with something in his hand, it looked a lot like... a knife!?

He brought it near himself.

"K-Komaeda-Kun?" I asked in shock, standing in the door frame, looking at him.

"Huh?" he looked up at me, "(y/n).. what are you doing here?"

"I've been looking for you since I haven't seen you all day. I was so worried. But what are you doing?" tears welled up in my eyes.

"I was just going to end it all" he stated, bringing the knife dangerously close to himself.

I ran up towards him, holding him close.

"W-why are you hugging me?"

The tears started falling, I couldn't answer him.

"And you're crying... Hey what happened?"

I sobbed and took a deep breath.

"Komaeda-Kun, why are you doing this to yourself?" I wiped away my tears, taking the knife from Komaeda, throwing it out of the room, so he couldn't get it back that easy.

"Why? Uh..well it's not like anyone cares or something"

He really didn't know how dumb this statement is.

"I care, a lot" I hugged him tightly.

"But why do you care..?" he asked, kind of shocked.

"Because you're important to me"

"Lowly trash like me isn't someone who should be important to you (y/n)" he hugged me back, drawing small circles on my back to calm me.

"Stop calling yourself trash... I hate it that you put yourself down." I sniffed, calming down a bit.

He laughed hysterically

"Oh (y/n) why do you lie? I know that nobody cares."

I let go of him, cupping both of his cheeks with my hands.

"Nagito Komaeda, the Ultimate Lucky Student, you're not trash, you're not worthless, and I care about you. You're fun to be around, I love having you around and spend time with you. You always make me feel better, no matter how bad I feel. I love stroking your fluffy white hair, or braiding it in the break. Or trying to brush it so it falls straight. I love how you're always on both sides, hope and despair, you're looking at life from two perspectives. I love the fact, that you're always there to help me and I can count on you. So don't you dare leave me alone, I need you, without you I'll be done for, I'm screwed. I love you, and that will never change. And I care so much about you, seeing you like this hurts me" I looked him deep in his beautiful gray-green eyes.

"So please, don't think so bad of yourself, don't put yourself down and don't do stuff like this to yourself. I hate it when I see you like this, or hear you calling yourself stuff like 'lowly trash' because you're not. You deserve the world Komaeda-Kun" I smiled a bit. He looked me in my (e/c) eyes.

He didn't answer, he just looked at me, tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you cry" I said, wiping the first tear from his cheek. He pulled me in for another hug, I held him close, softly stroking trough his hair.

"N-no one has ever said something this nice to me" he sobbed.

"Shh, it's fine Ko, I just told you what I've been feeling for you for the past two years..." I whispered.

He didn't answer, he just held me closer, sobbing on my shoulder, but that was fine by me, I could wash my shirt. What's important now, is that Komaeda will feel better soon. I held him in my arms, stroking his hair and just letting him cry.

After around five minutes he calmed down a bit, pulling away from me.

"I-I'm sorry.. I made your shirt all wet" he apologized, looking on the floor.

"Hey, it's fine as long as you feel better now" I said, taking my hand and turning his head up, to face me.

"Do you feel better now? Or is it still bad?" I asked him.

"I-I'm f-fine..." he sniffed.

"Is it the truth? I know you like to lie about your well-being, since you think you're not worth my time, but you are"

"I-it's better now..."

I smiled a bit, leaning my forehead against his.

"If you ever feel like that again, please tell me and I will help you. I don't want you to feel like this and not be able to have someone who you can talk to, you can always come and talk to me, about every little problem you have okay?"

He nodded, "Thank you (y/n), I really don't deserve y-"

"Don't start with this again" I interrupted him.

"O-okay..."

"Is there something you need?"

"Uh.. C-could I get another h-huaaaagghhhh"

I interrupted him by hugging him again.

"You can always have a hug, you don't even have to ask" I giggled

He let out a small, cheerful "Yayyy" what made me giggle even more, he's just too cute.

"Hey (y/n)..."

"Hm?"

"I love you"

"You do?"

I felt him nodding his head and smiled.

"I love you too Nagito"

He pulled away, smiling his bright and cheerful smile what made me smile even more. I'm glad that he's feeling better now.

He gave me a small kiss on my nose and stood up, holding out a hand to me. I slightly blushed, taking his hand he pulled me up, but didn't let go. I didn't want him to let go either.

Like this we walked outside, just leaving the knife there.

"How about we go home?" I asked him.

"Sounds good" he said, starting to walk home with me.

Lucky us we lived in the same street, our houses on the opposite side of the street, so neither of us would have to walk home alone.

On the way home we decided to have a sleepover like we did in our childhood, with watching movies and building a pillow fort.

And that's exactly what we did.

(word count: 1206)