Little Talks - Rantaro x Reader

this one plays in the killing game again so spoiler warning you know the drill

it's another songfic, the song is called 'little talks' by 'of monsters and men'

(y/n) pov

Hey, hey, hey

I don't like walking around this old and empty house

So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear

The stairs creak as I sleep

It's keeping me awake

It's the house telling you to close your eyes

"Hey, are you okay partner?" the avocado boy asked me, worry in his eyes.

"I'm okay...just a b-bit scared.." I answered him "Why are we walking around an abandoned house?" I asked, holding onto his arm.

He took my hand in his, speaking in a calm voice, like always "Because it's nice to explore it" he gave my hand a light squeeze "Don't be afraid, there's nothing here that will hurt you and I am here to protect you"

We carefully walked up the stairs, which creaked with every step we took, the closer we got to the end of the stairs the tighter I held Rantaros hand.

"Hey (y/n), don't be scared, every creak you hear is something the house is telling you of it's story" he explained to me.

And some days I can't even dress myself

It's killing me to see you this way

'Cause though the truth may vary

This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

Suddenly I saw somewhat like a glitch?

I saw his body, laying on the floor, not moving and a puddle of pink blood around his head.

Hey hey hey

There's an old voice in my head

That's holding me back

Well, tell her that I miss our little talks

"(y/n)? Heyyyyy?"

I saw a hand wave in front of my face what snapped me out of it.

"Y-yeah, I'm here"

The heck was that just now...?

I continued walking up the stairs with Rantaro, exploring the house further. We opened a door and found a room with a lot of cards, books and different globes as well as astrology cards and some instruments and tools.

"This looks like an observatory mixed with adventure or travel stuff" the green haired gentleman said, his eyes shining at the sight. He let go of my hand and walked into the room, looking around and opening a book, sitting down and reading in it. I decided to looked around myself, walking over to the bookcase and looking through the books. I pulled out one of them that catched my eye and opened it, flipping through the pages.

Soon it will all be over, and buried with our past
We used to play outside when we were young
And full of life and full of love

20.08.??

Dear Diary,

I went outside to play with Amami-Kun today!!

It was really funny and I didn't want to go inside