What a hopeful day - Nagito x Reader

IT'S HOPE BOYS BIRTHDAY!

non killing game AU, you can guess it xD

also Hajime is in the same class as all of you, he's got a talent, I don't know Ultimate bad-in-maths or whatever, but he's an ultimate

(y/n) pov

~a few days before his actual birthday~

"Alright, Chiaki, Sonia and Hajime take over the decoration part" I read from my plan.

"Yes ma'am/sir!" they all answered, gathering around one table to discuss what they'd do.

"Teruteru I'll leave food and a cake to you, no weird poisons, got that?"

"U-understood" he stuttered, getting out a piece of paper to write down what he'd cook.

"Alright, Ibuki you take over the music and ambience with Mahiru and Mikan"

"Ibuki understands" she beamed, saluting and getting to another table with her team.

"Byakuya and Nekomaru, the two of you make sure that everything works out without problems. The rest of you help where you can if help is needed"

"Understood"

"And to everyone, don't forget your presents!"

"We won't (y/n)"

"Good, now let's start"

Like this we started working on decorations, food, ambience, music and our presents whenever Nagito wasn't around. And as time got shorter and shorter I cut out on helping and did something with Nagito so the others could work on the party.

Soon enough the 28th rolled around and to our luck we got everything ready in time. Miss Yukizome was as nice as to talk to Nagito after the day ended so we could hurry to the dorms and hang everything up there.

The school day ended, Miss Yukizome started talking to Nagito after he had packed his stuff and the others hurried to pack their things and get to the dorms. While I took my time to pack my things and waited outside the classroom door for Nagito. I'd take him around the city for a bit until Nekomaru was going to call me when the rest of our class is ready.

After ten minutes Nagito came out of the classroom.

"Oh (y/n)! What are you still doing here?" he asked surprised.

"I was waiting for you" I answered, giving him a small smile and pushing myself off of the wall I was leaning on.

"You didn't have to waste your precious time waiting for trash like me you know"

"That's not true, first of all it wasn't a waste of my time, second of all you're not trash and you know that" we started walking towards the gates of the school.

"Well, where are we gonna go?" he switched the subject.

Fine with me, so I don't have to have a very childish argument with him, debating on whether he is trash or not. We walked out of the gates and I answered him:

"Take a walk around the city for a bit"

"Why do you choose to do that with me out of all people?"

"Oh come on, you know that I love you the most"

His cheeks turned a light pink and I took a hold of his hand, guiding him down the road.

Author-Chan pov

While you and Nagito took a stroll through the city the rest of your class was desperatly trying to get everything set up as fast as possible. That did show a lot of problems though...