What a coincidence - Rantaro x Reader

non killing game AU

AU where hearts are like attraction magnets, emotionally and physically, when you don't like someone you literally can't get near them because you don't click. There is only one other magnet like yours and that will pull yours and theirs together.

(y/n) pov

RIIIINNNNGGGGG

I groaned, getting up and walking towards the door. I opened it while rubbing my tired eyes. Looking outside I see a girl standing in front of my door with long, fluffy green hair that is tied up into a ponytail. Her golden eyes shined with happiness while looking at my tired form, a big bright smile plastered on her face.

It was Matsumoto Amami, my best friend.

"Morning Matsu, what's up?" I asked her, letting her inside.

She walked inside and I closed the door behind her.

"Well I thought about my idea for a bit" she began, sitting down on one of the chairs in the kitchen but not before turning it around and propping her head on the back of the chair, her arms underneath her chin. (Just like that one Rantaro pose yk) I yawned taking another chair and mirroring her actions, sitting now in front of her.

"Tell me everything you thought about"

"Well I thought it might be a good idea to travel around the world to try and find my brother as well as the one person that has the same heart as I have" she explained everything to me.

I nodded in response, thinking over her idea.

"It sounds reasonable, for one you would travel around the world like you did before as well as maybe see your brother again, and yes I'll still keep an eye out to see if I'll find him, and on top of that you might find your magnet"

She smiled at me, clearly happy that I understood her thought process.

"But I'd have to leave you alone for a while"

"I know, but I won't die y'know, I can take care of myself" I joked, making us both laugh.

"But I will miss you a lot, I mean who is gonna talk with me all the time? About those nasty customers in the cafe or about your new short trips you want to do and everything"

"I know, I'll miss that too, but I will be back as soon as possible, and if, by any chance, either you or I find my brother we'll see each other once I'm here again" she exclaimed.

I nodded my head.

"Send me photos and postcards got that?"

"Of course I will and you tell me what happens here alright?"

"Of course what else would I do?"

We laughed and talked a bit more while I made us something to eat.

~time skip to the next day hehe~

Here I was, standing at the airport, saying god bye to my best friend who was going to be travelling around the world now.

"What do you think, how long will you need?" I asked her, curiosity lingering in my voice.

She thought for a second before shrugging her shoulders.

"I dunno"

I laughed at that.

"Don't take too long, alright?"

"I'll try" she answered, chuckling. "You'll survive without me"

"Of course I will" I pouted.

'Flight to London will start in fifteen minutes'