My only string to hope was you - Junko x Reader

nothing special lol

Junko pov

„Come on Junko, we're gonna be lateee" (y/n) whined. „I'm coming!" I answered while speeding up my pace to catch up with them. Man, they're fast, how can they not be out of breath? I sprinted the last few meters to them, pausing once I arrived next to them, catching my breath. „how...can...you...run...so...fast..?" I asked out of breath. „It's not that hard, y'know? You just gotta train a bit and it'll be as easy as breathing while just standing around" they said, smiling brightly at me. I coulnd't help but smile back at them, they're just too cute. Like my bright ray of hope, yeah that's my nickname for (y/n)... My ray of hope (Nagito Vibes ik, but lemme have my way) At the thought of the nickname my cheeks became a slight shade of pink and my smile got even brighter. I catched my breath again. „Let's go my little ray of hope" I said, waiting for (y/n)'s reaction. They got really flustered, but they still smiled. „Let's go my big bright ball of sunshine and hope" they answered, taking my hand in theirs. With that response my cheeks flushed a deep pink. We silently walked to our destination, the beach. We wanted to watch the sunset together while listening to the waves crash against the sand.

Once we arrived we looked for a nice spot to sit down and watched the sun go down. It was beautiful, seeing all those bright colors reflecting on the water and shining at our faces, listening to the waves crashing against the sand and the cliffs nearby. „It's getting cold, we should head back" (y/n) said, I silently nodded standing up and holding out a hand for them to take. They took it and I helped them up, now walking back home, hand in hand.

BBBBRRRIIINNNGGGG

What is that sound?

BBBBRRRIIINNNGGGG

Once again it filled my ears... It's so loud... ugh

BBBBRRRIIINNNGGGG

I opened my eyes, realizing I was just dreaming. I sighed. Slamming my hand on the alarm clock I made it go silent. I sighed once more, rolling around once...twice, then I stood up, getting ready for another day of seeing those students trying to hide behind the word trust and just believing that no one else is gonna get killed. Pah, what idiots...disgusting, so much hope... and no despair... especially that Makoto Naegi is getting on my nerves with his daily „Hope here, hope there, hope everywhere" shit. I sat down in the chair that was in the Monokuma-Controllroom. Making the Good Morning Announcement, like everyday, I watched them all dragging themselves out of bed into the dining hall, with some lonely bitches strolling somewhere else... I saw that rich dude walking to the library, like every morning, that crazy stalker-girl following him. Nothing special. I checked the cameras and smiled once I saw the one from the girls changing room in the second floor. Chihiro's been murdered. Now I just need to wait until someone finds him, well until three people find him. I looked through the cameras once again to see that little shit of hope walk there with rich boy, so there's two... I looked behind them, and, as excpected, I see stalker-girl following rich bitch Togami. Three. Just gotta wait until they're in there and the fun will begin. I opened the changing room so the boys could get in, I needed some distraction. Then something unexpected happened, Stalker-Chan passed out...I played the a body has been discovered announcement Makohope left to get the others Byakubitch did something I dont know what and then Stalker-Chan woke up again, but... different... Then I heard Byakubitch hear somethig say about Genocide Jack. I got angry. I listened to their conversation and got really mad and sad. Stalker-Chan killed (y/n)... I need to avenge her, somehow... Then I got the idea, i'd let those little shits of hope vote her as the blackened and then execute her, instead of Mondo. With that I would have her dead, (y/n) avenged, and Ishimaru woudn't be sad, yeah I'll do just that. I actually smiled a bit.

~timeskip brought to you by alter ego~

That's it, I got rid of that ugly serialkiller that stole my precious ray of hope... they we're my only hope. That's why I'm gonna bring despair into this sad world. With a better feeling I kept on holding class trials, seeing those little shits getting murdered or executing them, until...

The last trial.

I showed them myself.

And I lost.

I lost, against six little shits of hope.

That's fine tho

Now I get to see them again.

I get to see my ray of hope again.

That's all I need, I was so excited to get executed.

I hit the button full of despair.

I get to see (y/n) again...

After all those years...

Finally...

„(y/n)" I whispered before I got crushed by the press.

(y/n) pov

„Junko?" I asked with her head resting on my lap. Her eyes fluttered a bit.

„Junko?" I lightly smiled at her, carefully putting a strand of hair behind her ear. She slowly opened her eyes.

„(y/n)?" She asked. „Yeah, it's lil' ol' me" I joked. She jumped up and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back, laughing lightly. I'm glad I have her back. „(y/n).... I missed you so much" „No shit Sherlock, it's pretty boring without you y'know?" We laughed, I'm glad that I get to have the old, hopeful Junko, not the despair-filled Junko.

I'm glad I have her back. I'm glad that she's fine.

(word count: 944)