Elephant and magnifying glass - Shuichi x Reader

Start from the beginning

I started drawing again, taking a sip of my coffee every now and then.

I turned around the page in my sketchbook, now focussing on drawing the quiet boy in front of me. He had taken his hat off his head and placed it next to him on the bench he was sitting on.

Even though he took off his hat, I still wasn't able to see his face, since he was always looking down at his notebook. But one thing was right for sure, his hair was a blue-greyish colour and the light made it shimmer like the deeper sea.

It looked wonderful.

I saw a hand waving in front of my face, so I snapped out of it and realized, that I must've been staring at him.

How embarrassing >////<

My cheeks got a slight pinkish colour and I looked down at my sketchbook.

"S-sorry" I mumbled.

"Huh?" he sounded confused.

"Why are you sorry? I'm glad that you're okay, you've been staring off into I don't know where for about five minutes now"

I what!?

Aaahhhhh that's even more embarrassing

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't wanna make you worried or anything" I replied shyly.

"It's fine, at least you're okay and I don't have to solve another case" he said.

I looked up at him and stopped in my tracks.

There, right in front of me, sat Shuichi Saihara, the Ultimate Detective and the reason for the magnifying glass under my right eye.

"Y-you're Shuichi...Shuichi Saihara..." I said.

"Yes, I am, but please don't draw too much attention on me, I don't really like it" he responded.

"Oh, okay, I'm sorry" I apologized.

"So...May I ask you something?" he questioned.

"You can" I responded.

"Why is there a magnifying glass under your eye?"

He wanted to know it...

"Well you see..." I started, looking down, at the table.

"I really like detectives and mystery stuff so I drew that design, traced it onto the paper that is used for tattoos for children and I put it there every morning" I lied, pointing at the tattoo.

This lie was so obvious.

He would probably get behind it anyway. But it was worth a shot.

"Oh, that's nice, I really like the design, are you good at solving mysteries?" he sounded a little excited.

"Yeah, I think so, I've solved every case you solved, well most of them, before the solution was shown." I told him.

"Woah, that's impressive, I've never met someone who was able to do that before" he said.

"Really? It doesn't seem that hard, they seem to be quite easy." I stated bluntly.

"You're that good? Maybe you should be the Ultimate Detective instead of me"

I what!?

There's no way I would be able to stay in his place!

I'm not even half as good as he is.

"I don't think I'm half as good as you are" I told him, being honest.

"i don't know, but you're definitely good I would say, would you want to help me with this case? I don't really know how to continue..." He got kinda shy at the end, maybe he is kind of scared that I would make fun of him for being the Ultimate Detective and not knowing what to do next.