/21. Settle/

Mina's PoV

I woke up on a usual morning. I get my phone to check the time and stormed out as I saw it's already 10:00 am. I looked around and didn't see Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Sana. As I roamed my eyes, I sighed as I saw their bags meaning they are still here.

This is my first time waking up this time. I didn't get much sleep after what happened last night. I walked to the bathroom to wash and after that, I decided to go out of the hotel.

"Sana! Where's Chaeyoung?" I asked as I saw her with Tzuyu and the other DJs.

"Oh, I saw her a while ago. She went over there." Sana said and points the direction.

"Thank you, text me if we're going already," I said. She just nodded then I left them.

I looked around as I walk to find Chaeyoung. I stopped in the middle as I saw her Talking with Jihyo and also Yuhee, her ex-girlfriend.

Not so long Yuhee looked at me then she excused herself on Chaeyoung and Jihyo. She left them and I expected Yuhee to walk towards me but she didn't.

Good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chaeyoung's PoV

I walked out of the room and decided to go out and have some fresh air. Since later we'll go back to the station again, then I think I should enjoy this moment.

I was walking when I saw a familiar figure. It's Jihyo unnie

"Hey, can we talk?" She asked.

I stopped for a moment as I suddenly remember again what happened yesterday. It surprised me, to be honest. I don't know what to feel... but Mina was there, and I realized that I was hurt because of knowing the fact that Jihyo unnie dated my ex. I'm not into Yuhee anymore and I don't care even if she'll date anyone else. But I didn't expect them to see together.

Why it has to be Jihyo unnie? Why it has to be the person that I treated like a real sister?

"Are you both good together?" A question went out of my mouth.

It sounds stupid but I just don't want her to feel that I'm bitter towards their relationship.

"Aren't you mad at me?" She asked which made me look at her.

"To be honest? I am. Of all people, why it has to be you. I don't care if Yuhee has a relationship with others but why you?" I asked

"Chaeyoung... I'm sorry, It wasn't my intention to fall for her. It just happened."

"Since when?"

"When she broke up with you... I was there to comfort her. To both of you... but-"

"What happened?"

"Chaeyoung Yuhee is my childhood friend. I like her since then... Even you guys don't know each other yet. Yuhee is the only person that I want to spend my time with."

"Then? So when we broke up, you snatch her?"

"Chaeyoung no! You don't understand. Yuhee loved you. But she can't, she fell out of love."

"It's because you were there."

"It's because you can't live without her." She said that startled me.

"She knows that you can't live with her. You are so in love with her."

"Of course, that's what love right?"

"Would you still love her that time if you found out that she's dying?"

I was taken back as I heard Jihyo unnie said. I looked at her confusedly.

"Yuhee have only 5 months to live. When she broke up with you that's the time she founds out that she has cancer. She told me that she asked you what will you do if she leaves you. She said that you told her you can't live with her. Made him fell out of love with you."

"I- I don't get it."

"Love is not always living with that person Chaeyoung, it's not always that you guys are together. If you truly love that person, you can live even she left you. Because you know that she loves you back. But in your case, you can't love her if she'll leave you. Even tho you know that she loves you too."

"I stayed with Yuhee at that time. To the point that I needed to sacrifice my job just to be with her. I know it sounds like your case in the first. But Chaeyoung listens, I love Yuhee... I can love her even tho I know she'll leave after all. It's because she loves me too. I know it's kinda unfair on my part, but that is love. If I need to wait for her again, on the next fucking life? I will. Because I know she loves me too. That she'll go back to me."

I went silent as I heard what Jihyo unnie said. I admit that at first, I was confused. But maybe she's right, If you truly love the person, you can live without her. Because you know that, that person loves you back.... and it will do its best to go back to you.

"I'm sorry," I uttered

"You don't have to... You don't know it in the first place." She said.

She walked to me and hugged me.

"I'm sorry too... for not standing on my feelings since the beginning. If I just told Yuhee that I love her since we are young, maybe she didn't happen to love you. Maybe you both didn't hurt each other. Maybe I can spend more time with her." She said

"Jihyo-"

We broke into our hug as We heard Yuhee called Jihyo.

My eyes landed on her as she just looked at me plainly.

I'm not hurt seeing her looking at me like we just met. I'm happy that she moved on.

"Yuhee, Chaeyoung knows it," Jihyo said that made Yuhee to looked at me.

"I'm sorry." She said as she wakes beside Jihyo

"Don't be... Be happy, you guys looked good together." I said that made them both smile.

"Oh, I'll just excuse myself," Yuhee said and kissed Jihyo on her cheek before leaving.

"So it's all good now right?" She asked

"Yeah, I understand now."