/32. "🐯"/

Third Person

Chaeyoung is on her way back to her apartment, not so far she saw a very familiar figure.

"Mina?" Chaeyoung asked herself confusedly.

Mina seems to be waiting for her too long that she's already hugging herself because of the cold wind.

It's already 12:00 am and Mina is close to sleep as her eyes are starting to close because of sleepiness.

"Mina," Chaeyoung called up as she goes near.

Mina bolted and stood up after hearing the younger's voice. Her eyes shined with a gummy smile that greeted Chaeyoung.

"What are y-" Chaeyoung wasn't able to finish her words as Mina hugged her.

Chaeyoung was surprised that she almost falls her back down but she remained still.

"M-mina?"

"Shhh, I understand now," Mina said and hugged the younger tightly.

"W-why are you here?"

Mina didn't respond but she just remained in her position.

"M-mina."

As Mina finally contented she broke the hug and look at Chaeyoung with a big smile.

"W-what is happening? Why a-are you here?" Chaeyoung keeps on asking as she's so confused.

"You read the letter right?" Mina asked

"Lette- You?!" Chaeyoung asked as she realized.

It was the letter that had the shortest content.

Mina smiled ear to ear and nodded.

"H-how? I thought you went to Japan with Seulgi?"

Mina giggled and shook her head.

"What important is I'm here, with you."

"Huh?" Chaeyoung uttered. Chaeyoung snapped and moved back.

"I must be dreaming," Chaeyoung mumbled and slapped herself that made Mina startle.

"Yah!"

"I-I'm not dreaming?"

"Of course not! Aigoo, let me see?" Mina said with full concern and checked Chaeyoung cheeks who are now turning red.

"Is it becoming red because of your slap or because I'm near you?" Mina asked that made Chaeyoung turns more even red.

Mina noticed the sudden reaction of the younger that made her giggle.

"I miss you," Mina said as she cupped Chaeyoung cheeks tightly.

Chaeyoung who's still confused shove Mina's hands away from her and she moves back.

"What are you doing? Mina, you have a girlfriend!"

Mina smiles faded upon hearing Chaeyoung's word. Now it was Mina who's in Chaeyoung shoes.

"What? Do you think I don't know? I saw both of you at the park exactly the time when I was expecting you to comfort me on Yuhee's death." Chaeyoung said on her enraged.

Chaeyoung tried to calm herself as she exhaled wildly.

"I'm sorry, It's my fault too. I should expect that way. I'm just your partner and nothing more." Chaeyoung said and about to enter but Mina stopped her.

"You said what?" Mina asked

"Mina you heard it. I already told you a while ago at the studio, we're cool. You can leave now." Chaeyoung said and about to retrieve her hand but Mina held it tightly and pull it closer to her that made Chaeyoung come closer to Mina.

Mina didn't waste her chance and she immediately locked the younger in her arms.

"I also told you before, stop overthinking," Mina said as she scoffs.

"W-what?"

"Seulgi and I are fine, we're just friends," Mina said and chuckles.

As Mina felt that Chaeyoung is not fighting anymore, she broke into their hug and moves to younger a bit so should see her face.

"Hey, who told you I'm her girlfriend?" Mina asked as she tries to look into the younger's eyes who keeps on averting them.

"I saw you two, you hugged her," Chaeyoung said

Mina snickers as she heard Chaeyoung said, she found it cute as she senses a fit of jealousy in her words.

"What are you saying? I hugged you too, does that mean you're my girlfriend?" Mina said that made Chaeyoung looked at her.

"We can be if you want," Mina said fearlessly.

"M-mina, What is happening to you? Are you sick?" Chaeyoung asked, she put her backhand on Mina's forehead to check the older.

"Aish, I'm not. I'm dead serious. Seulgi and I are just friends." Mina said as she removed the younger's hand on her.

"But she said that you're going back to Japan together."

"It's because of the audition."

"Seulgi... It's Seulgi, right? The one who sent us an email? The one I read and when you heard it you run away. Is it because you're affected?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Yes, but... Chae let me just tell you. Seulgi is just a friend now."

Chaeyoung left in silence, she found herself embarrassing after the moment.

"You see, the letter is about the sender saying sorry to her ex right? I was affected because it was my first time hearing and receiving those words from her. I told you before that she keeps on blaming me right? That I was the one who saw it wrong whenever she cheats. That's why when she said sorry, I was so affected." Mina explained.

"The other day, I talked to her and we decided to be friends. I don't love her anymore Chaeyoung. That time... I was confused over you."

"Me?"

"Look... You're nice, cool, you take care of me, check me, you even compliment me as always. Tzuyu was right, there's no way I wouldn't fall for you." Mina said.

Chaeyoung was left dumbfounded, she doesn't know how to respond. She about to slap herself again as if she's thinking that it was a dream, but because she could do it Mina stopped her hands and the next happening confirmed Chaeyoung that she's not dreaming.

Chaeyoung blinked multiple times and all she can see is the closest view of Mina. Their lips are touching each other.

Mina on the other hand is just calm while her eyes are shut.

Chaeyoung gulped as Mina moved back and opened her eyes. The first view she saw is Chaeyoung touching her lips that made her chuckle.

"It's not a dream, I'm real and later on we'll be real."