/1.New Partner/

Chaeyoung's PoV

It's a sunny day and now, I am heading to the company I'm working with. I've been working in a radio station as a DJ for almost 2 years and I had fun doing that. It's like working with fun to be exact.

"I wonder why they called me," I mumbled as I walked into the building.

I know that I said that I want to be in this job and I had fun doing this. But I fixed my schedule today and it's supposed to be my day off.

"Boss, What's up?" I asked as I got into his office.

"Glad you're here. I'm sorry for the inconvenience anyway. I need to call you for some emergency." My boss said then I sat in front of his desk.

I looked at him confusedly as I saw his sad expression.

"Why?"

"Your partner Jihyo just sent me a resignation letter. She's not coming anymore." I didn't know how fast I went off my seat as soon as I heard what my boss said.

"What?! No, Gosh! Boss, why didn't you stop her?"

"She said that it's a very important matter, a family matter. I do understand her, besides she's been in this job for how many years. I think she wants to give herself a rest."

"No, I can't do it by myself." I sadly said.

"Chaeyoung, it's ok. Jihyo trusts you so much. That's why she didn't hesitate to leave her spot because you are here."

"But I just came here for one and a half year? I-"

"Chaeyoung, look. That's why Jihyo trusts you. Because even tho in a short span of time, you managed to know what are the things that a DJ should know. Besides it's not just you now." My boss said that made me frown.

"What?"

"As Jihyo sent a resignation letter, she also sent me a person who'll be replacing her for a while until I found a permanent replacement for Jihyo."

"Really? Wh-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was cut off when staff walked in.

"Mr. Park, someone wants to talk to you. She said that she was sent by Jihyo."

"She's here." Mr. Park said

"Let her come."-Mr. Park

I tapped my fingers on the table as I wait for the person that is said to be replacing Jihyo unnie for a while.

She didn't even inform me...

Jihyo unnie is like my real unnie. She always takes care of me like her younger sister. I wonder what is the important matter she's working with. She teaches me a lot of things and I can say she's a great person. I managed to understand all of the things that she taught me.

"Good morning Mr. Park." I turned my gaze in the doorway and saw a girl in formal wear, wearing a genuine smile.

"Woah," I uttered unconsciously which made Mr. Park chuckles.

"Chill, Chaeyoung." He whispered that made me clear my throat.

Heck, Chaeyoung!

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Park. I'm Myoui Mina the temporary substitute for Park Jihyo."

What a great name.

"Yeah, I know. Jihyo told me about you. Why don't you have a seat beside Chaeyoung." I heard what he said which made me snap and look at him shockingly.

"Thank you, sir." She said and walks beside me.

I felt her arm brush against me which made me freeze for an unknown reason.

"Mina, meet Chaeyoung. She's the partner of Jihyo but this happened so, I hope you both can get along. You can ask Chaeyoung some stuff that you want to know but I bet Jihyo told you everything."

"Ah yeah, but she also mentioned Ms. Chaeyoung to me. She told me that I'll be learning more things with her."

She said my name.. yes it's my name!

"Chaeyoung, why don't you roam around with Mina? Bring her to your studio. I'll be paying you for this. I'm sorry to interrupt your day off."

It's all nothing, Mr. Park!

"Yeah, sure," I said and stood up.

I breathe deeply first and take the courage to face Mina.

"Let's g-go."

CHAEYOUNG WHY DID YOU STUTTER?!

"Have fun Chaeyoung." I heard the old man say behind me in victory.

As we walk out of the office, I decided to walk ahead so that I won't get distracted in her presence.

We arrived at the recording studio where we do the live radio whenever it's our call. Since our call will start later at night, I still have time to roam her around.

"So, this is our place. Jihyo unnie and I are the only ones who are allowed to use this. Actually, it's just Jihyo unnie but when I came, she got me and we did the duo. She's actually have been a solo DJ since she started but then when I came, gladly she noticed me and taught me everything that I needed to know." I said to her who was listening intently.

"So are you accompanying me later? I mean, I heard that it's your free day for this day."

"Yeah, but this is so sudden. You don't have to worry since Mr. Park will pay me for this." I said which she responded with a nod.

"Anyway, How did you meet Jihyo unnie?" I asked in curiosity.

"We're living under the same roof before. It's my house then I asked her to live there for a while since she's still looking for a house also. Since I don't have my parents with me, I asked her. I don't want to stay there alone so yeah. As a payback, she offered me this. I asked her if she knows some job that I can get experience with, and here I am."She explained.

I've never thought her voice could be so soothing as that.

"A-ah... oh I see," I said as I snapped.

"So can you tell me how this works?" She asked as she sat on a swivel chair and put on the headphones.

I sat on the other chair and teaches her all the things that I know, including the things that Jihyo unnie taught me.

"Woah, this is interesting." She mumbled

I just smiled and responded.

"I know..."