Part 39

This is super long chapter. Enjoy, sorry if you get bored reading this. 

Magnus stares blankly at the wall in front of him, Isabelle had fallen asleep next to him due to exhaustion for crying earlier. He heard footsteps coming towards him and a hand handed him a cup of coffee. He looked up to see Maryse was the one who did.

He shook his head declining her offer which she didn't budge. He could see she tries to pull herself together by not crying in front of her family which is the strongest thing she did.

She took a seat next to him after she insisted the cup on his hand. "You need it. It's gonna be another long night here." She said before she sipped into her own cup.

"How did you do that?" Magnus' voice croaked after hours of crying and he didn't think he had energy left in him. "I made my peace." She simply said and Magnus couldn't understand her. He stares at her face with his eyebrow crooked in confusion.

"I know how much you love him. He is my son and I love him too. I have gone through what you just did for thousand times now and every single time we did, he managed to pull through. Every single time I walked into this hospital I thought this is it, this would be the last time I carry my son in here. We would go out with a hearse instead of our car cause Alec will be coming home to us in them."

A single tear dropped on her cheek which she quickly wiped them off. "So I made my peace with Alec. Whatever happens happened and I have no regret, so does Alec." She explained which Magnus couldn't believe what he just heard.

"Are you fucking with me? I never made peace with him, I don't want him to made peace with anyone. I want him to stay alive, to stay breathing. I want him to wake up and kept annoy me for the rest of our life. How can you fucking do that to him!"

He stood abruptly before Maryse could defend herself and he threw away the cup he received earlier towards the trash can beside the wall. He walked off trying to suppress his anger and he needed the fresh air anyway.

Maryse didn't say anything but she could only smile looking down at her hands holding the warm cup. "He's a keeper Alec." She mumbles under her breath.

Not long after Valentine went out from the room giving instructions towards the staffs. They all raised and waited for him to tell them that this is it, Alec is not here. We should cry and go home and tomorrow we need to prepare for whatever necessaries.

Valentine sighed before he clicked his tongue at them. He shook his head in disbelief before he smile half heartedly at them. "That boy is a freaking fighter." He said and Maryse gasped before she broke down into her tears with Robert holding her.

"There's something about someone calling him a bastard and he wanted that person to pay. Where is he anyway?" Valentine looked around but Magnus is no where to be found. "He's cooling off, I'll get him." Jace said before he sprinted towards Magnus' way earlier.

"How is he?" Maryse asked and Valentine couldn't imagined what to say to her again anymore. "He's surviving. Maryse I won't put a tube in him. He requested me not too. He said if he is destined to die, he wanted to be able to say goodbye. He wanted see all of you before he go. He requested for his team as well."

Maryse cried her eyes out after she heard what he said. She went and hug her husband cause she couldn't bear what she just heard. Alec is too strong for a teen boy. No one is stronger than him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magnus had to get out from the situation as he couldn't bear his heart to hear what they had to say about Alec. He knew Alec is stronger than that but sometimes things don't go the way we wanted. He literally ran towards the nearest exit door and climbed his way to the top.