Part 24

Magnus and Alec had been going along just fine since the last they had a fight yesterday. Now Alec had an idea to make a roof over their head so they could take a shade from direct sunlight or worst the rain. They had been lucky enough not to stay in cold rain and soaked with no shelter.

Alec had Magnus gathered all the leaves from the palm tree and tied them all together making a wide square, with that he continued connecting them altogether. Later he helped Magnus lifting it over the two trees they both had chosen, surprisingly managed to get a decision done without argument.

"You got it?" Alec asked Magnus as he struggled to lift it over his head. The perks of being tall had advantage Alec all these years but seeing Magnus trying to reach over his head amuses him.

"I got it." Magnus grunted on his tippy toes holding the thing over his head with difficulty and Alec already done on his side. "I'll help." He said coming closer to his side and stood beside Magnus. He began to raise his arm up to help him but a sudden shooting pain like a stabbed on his chest hits him.

"Argghhh!" He screamed clutching on his chest and took a few steps back from Magnus. "Alexander?" He called and left the thing dangled half sided before rushed to Alec side. He saw how Alec tried to ease his pain with his breath but failed which got him even more worried. He was clutching his left chest with his right palm, his face contorted into a severe pain and his eyebrow furrowed into a line.

"Let me see." Magnus asked and began to lift Alec shirt up but Alec pushed his hand down and straightened his shirt back down. "No, no it's fine. Just a sore." He claimed but Magnus refused to believe so. "No more lies Alexander. Let me see or I'll rip your clothes off." The words taunted Magnus and he wonders why Alec being this secretive with him.

He wonder whether Alec shy or probably had some hideous thing covered underneath his shirt. "No, no it's fine, can you finish up for me?" Alec begs and leaned his body against the tree bark, his hand still pressed on his chest. "Yeah sure." Magnus said and began to stood to finish his work earlier.

Minutes later he managed to tie the thing on the tree and now they have shades to cover them from the sun or the rain. "We should get more banana leaves." Alec began and Magnus who stood gazing at the miraculous art work stopped and turned to face him. "Why?" He asked innocently.

"We need to cover our sleeping area so we won't hurt our back when we sleep. The sand is scraping your skin." Alec said pointing at Magnus fury red skin. He loves being shirtless since the day they stranded here and Alec could see how Magnus skin had darkened and reddened due to the sun exposure and the sand is making his tanned perfect skin marked like a paint on a canvas. "I'll be right back then, you okay on your own?" Magnus questioned and for once Alec felt protected having him around.

He looked up at him and smiled his sincere smile, "Yeah, sure." He said and Magnus nodded. "I'll bring you back a banana." Magnus joked but Alec find it tempting, "Don't come back without it, monkey." Alec replied hiding his smile but Magnus couldn't help but to smirk. "Sure thing Tarzan." He called but Alec didn't find it amusing, he glared at him but eventually they both left with a wide smile on their face.

~~~~

Magnus had grabbed few bunches of leaves to cover their sleeping spot. He dragged them back to their camp site and saw Alec is still there where he left him. His one hand dragged the banana leaves and the other carrying bunch of banana over his shoulder. "Honey, I'm home." He joked and chuckled at his own sillyness.

He dumped the leaves along with the bunch and sense the area is too quiet. He was wondering why Alec didn't answer him on his earlier remark. He turned around and found Alec fast asleep underneath the tree. His tall body leaned against the tree bark with his palm still palming his chest only his left arm are crossed over his stomach.