Part 11

I'm really sorry I couldn't update for a while.

It's been almost three days since Alec was found unconscious by Maryse and she came by everyday around visiting hours until the end of the time just to make sure Alec would be awake but her hope is crushed every single time. It looks like Alec has already given up and she felt like he has already gone from her life but she refused to think so.

"Alec, if you can hear me, please wake up baby. I'm sorry for everything, I just need to hear your voice again." She held Alec's hand in hers while she sat on the chair next to him. Their clasped hands are close to her and she kissed his cold palm, not a movement nor a twitch from him.

"I'm sorry I failed you Alec, I'm sorry I'm not a good mother to you." She said, her voice broke into her own tears as she leaned and kissed his forehead. She rubbed his hair back staring down at her eldest son before she decided to leave the room for today.

She wiped her tears with her palm before she exited the room and decided to head home.

She drove her car passing by the groceries store forgetting she need to buy stuffs to make dinner. She pity her other children for not having their mother full attention and she misses them too. She felt guilty that when Alec was sick, she had her full attention at him more than her other children.

She parked her car and entered the groceries store grabbing herself the cart to fill in her items. She began to drop fresh fruits in when she sees grapes and kiwis, it was Isabelle's favorite. As she walked the other aisle and grabbed some vegetables and meat, she remembered how Jace loves her grilled beef and mashed potatoes. She would make some for him tonight she thought.

She walked further into another aisle and passed by the condiments, she saw the ranch sauce which Alec loves the most, he ate everything with it. He could eat the sauce by itself just because he loves it. The thought on Alec hits her straight into her heart and her eyes became watery blurring her visions on the bottle in front of her.

"Hey, are you okay?" A sudden voice heard behind her as she turned and faced the woman stood with her hand grasped the basket handle. She looks younger than her and her blond hair tied into a ponytail making her face looks even younger. She had her knee high dress on with her face showed worries on Maryse's being.

"Are you okay?" She asked again rubbing her arm up and down, she tried to smile and hide her own sadness with a scoff but she could never hide it from anyone just by the look on her face. "Yeah, just emotional." She said and she noticed the girl stood before her looking down at her tummy with a frown on her face.

"Oh no! I'm not pregnant. I just- my son is sick and I'm worried about him." She blurted trying to avoid the strange look but ended up getting the pity look from her. "I see. How is he?" She asked, Maryse hated people intervened with her life but somehow the look on the woman's face and her own lonely life without having any friends to talk too made her want to tell the stranger everything.

"He's not doing so good." Maryse answered briefly and pushed her cart along hoping she would dropped the conversation. "What does he has?" She asked again and this time she walked side by side with her, Maryse looked to her left and she was looking at her, waiting for her answer, "Some heart problem." She said and she nodded.

"I'm Anna by the way." She introduced herself and Maryse looked at her hand hold out for a shake hoping this friendship would developed. Maryse shook it firmly like any other business hand shake she had and smiled, "Maryse." She said and she replied with her honest smile.

"I'm not usually this nosy but I don't have many female friends to talk with and you seems in need for someone to talk too." She said while they walked the other aisle and Maryse grabbed a pack of sugar and flour. She had to admit, she too has less friends and most of the girls are only Jocelyn which she tolerated for years but she too busy with her own life.