Part 32

"Asmo?" Anna called as soon as she entered their room. She saw him sitting by the bedside facing the other way letting his back facing her instead. She could hear him sniffed and wiping his tears vigorously hoping she won't catch that.

"Aw, darling." She went to his side and hugged him toward her chest. He didn't budge nor fight her but rather let her stroked his huge figure with her small features. In his hand was a broken phone belong to Magnus. Anna saw how he clenched on that thing hard like his life depend on it.

"He hates me this much that he crushed his own phone. It meant everything to him having his phone with him all the time." He sobbed holding the piece of broken piece in between his palm. "I'm a bad father." He finishes his sentences and it broke Anna's heart seeing him like this.

"We're gonna find him soon, I know it. Then you can have all the time in the world to make up your time for it." Anna reassured him and slowly her words sinked in. He nodded before he cleared his throat and stood from the bed.

"I'm taking the chopper today, I hate the sea sick." He exclaimed grabbing his phone and his wallet with him. "Seriously? You get sea sick but not air sick?" She asked crossing her legs together while seating on the bed looking at her fiancé with a grin on her face. "I piloted an airplane before I had my driving license, what do you expect?" He asked back sarcastically which earned him a snorts.

She stood from her seats and turned about to leave the room but stopped by Asmodeus before she left. "Where are you going?" She turned with a weak smile and stares at him, "I'm gonna check on Maryse, she's been in the room since yesterday, barely eat anything." She sighed and Asmodeus walked towards her closing their gap.

He cupped her cheek and she leaned further into his touch. "You're a good woman Anna, I love you so much. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserved you at all." He sealed their lips with a soft kiss and Anna smile in between their kisses. "I love you too." She whispered stroking his clean shaven jaw.

Knock knock

"Maryse?" Anna enters her room after she knocked and saw she was already dressed for the day. The same thing she did every single day since they were in this mess. She woke up, stares at her son's phone and listened to his voice through her phone video. She will dressed and eat simple breakfast before they went out for the day.

"Hey, need anything?" She asked Anna with a soft smile on her face. Although anyone can see she is tired and barely hanging on but she still managed a smile on her face and never loses hope in finding Alec.

"Just wanna see you before you all leave again." Anna said and Maryse nodded at her. "Why don't you come with us today? I could use some company. Mr Bane barely talks and when he did it's awkward." Anna breaks into a laughs which followed by Maryse.

"He's a weird guy but he's nice, I mean once you got to know him. I'm sure we could enjoy the day even though it might not be as productive as we can hope." She smile her biggest smile and Maryse nodded at her before she left the room. But before she does she turned to gaze at Maryse once again, "I hope today is the day, maybe today we will found them." With high hope, she hold on to that words more than she ever could. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alec woke up to the smell of smoke irritating his nose. He tried to open his eyes but closed them back as the light is too brightening for him. He blinked rapidly and tried them again by rubbing his eyes. "Magnus?" He called but nothing replies. When he finally opens his eyes the surrounding is covered with smokes and haziness. He coughs few time when he inhaled it.