Part 34

"Dad? What's wrong?" Isabelle asked as soon as she walked into her home. She saw her father grabbing the head of the couch with a phone on his hand. "Dad?" Jace called again shocked with the same expressions. He ran towards his father side supporting him.

"T-They found Alec." He whispered as he looked into his phone. Isabelle and Jace couldn't help but to tear upon the news. "What?" Jace asked unable to accept the news he had been waiting to hear for weeks. "Your brother is coming home. He's alive, Alec's coming home." Robert cries and hugged his children tight in his arm. They all shared tears of happiness but soon ended with lots of questions.

"How is he? Is he-?" Izzy had to stop herself before she thought of the worst. "I don't know yet. Your mother barely say anything, they were getting on the air medic to fly back here. Alec's weak, was all she said." He took a seat on the couch rubbing his forehead with his finger exhaling an exasperating breaths.

He longed for the news of his son's being, he never thought he would heard the news of Alec being alive, but knowing Alec, he know he would never gave up on surviving. "What are we doing here for then? Let's go to the airport and wait for them." Jace said eagerly and was about to head upstairs but Robert caught him before he could.

"No. We'll head to the hospital. They'll be there this evening in about two hours. I have to get Max first." He said hands still trembling trying to find his keys. "Dad stay here, I'll get Max, we'll go together later to the hospital to see Alec." Izzy said gripping his shoulder assuringly. He nodded at Izzy sighing in relief since he had no energy to share with the news he had just received.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maryse never been on the air medic before and to her it was one of the most scary thing in her life. With Alec strapped on the bed with a mask on his face, she could see how pale and skinny he got since the last she saw him. She didn't had the chance to hear his voice yet since he was unconscious. Magnus stood beside him all the time, couldn't care less of himself.

They had to pull him away from Alec just so they could treat him. They both were so dehydrated and malnourished, Maryse could sees how drastic they both had changed physically and mentally, perhaps emotionally too.

Magnus had his arm hooked on the fluids while he sat on the side seats next to Alec. Charles sat next to him being the loyal servant he always is. Magnus gaze never escapes from Alec. Sometimes he would reach for his hand just so he could ease the feeling of worry before he sat back to his seat.

They've reached the hospital Maryse had requested which Alec's usual hospitals and Valentine had waited for them hours ago since he heard the news.

As soon as they reached the emergency department, Valentine hugged Maryse sighing a relief after weeks she had been on the island looking for them. "I'm so proud of you." He said and Maryse smiled before he went to Alec. They had transferred him to a bed and Valentine already had his staffs doing things to Alec.

They put him on monitors and fluids running as they received him. Valentine stood next to Alec running a scan across his chest. He kept twiddling with the buttons and switches on the machine but more concerned is his facial expressions.

His eyebrow crooked every time he swerved the wand over Alec's chest and she could see Alec groaned each time he did it. Maryse wanted to be by his side and hold his hand but the nurses had to let her stay away so they could work on Alec.

"Print this, get him to the CT scan as fast as you can please." He commanded before he went out from the room grabbing Maryse by her arm.

"How is he?" She couldn't bear holding her tears from falling, afraid of what the news had become.