Part 25

"Uhm- hey." Maryse replied with an awkward smile on her face. "W-What are you doing here?" She asked closing her steps towards the living room. She saw Anna stood from the couch and walked around it to approach her, Charles stood on his ground watching them both. Little did Maryse knew was Anna came towards her to hug her. She was caught off guard by her little gesture.

"I came to check on you guys. Have you heard anything?" Anna asked and Maryse was quite surprised to hear her asking that as she was intended to ask her first.

"No, I thought you might have heard anything." She said and Anna sighed, "Unfortunately not, I haven't heard anything. I was wondering if Asmo would have heard anything as well." She mumbles towards the end of her words and kept her gaze on the floor.

She was about to say something else but suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door. It shook Maryse to death since the earlier events didn't exactly calming her yet. "I'll get it." Robert said after seeing her weird expression, but as he came towards the door knob, Maryse screamed stopping him, "NO!" She shouted and all of them in the room turned to look at her.

"Why? What's wrong?" Anna asked and the same question repeated by Robert himself. "Uhm, I mean, no, I'll get it." She said and walked back towards the door leaving all of them in silence and in an awkward situation.

Slowly she peeped through the hole and relieve as soon as she saw the person behind it was Valentine. She immediately open the door and invite him in. "Val, thank god." She said and he stares at her curiously. "Thank god? Why? Who could it have been?" He asked her and she shook her head and tried to hide it with a snickered laugh.

"No what I meant was thank god you are here. I was gonna see you downstairs." She hides it remarkably making them all ignored her weird gesture earlier. "Ah, it's better cause I'm here now and  I need to talk to you. I uh, I kind of have to go back to LA by today." Valentine explained and she could see the hint of regret in his voice.

"What? Why?" She asked him. "I have patient's that I need to see and operations due for my patients. I can't hold off much longer." He stated feeling a bit weary on leaving the Lightwood behind like this. He did try to stay for few more days but his patients are quite critical and some of them like Alec might not have few more days.

"I understand." Maryse said weakly dragging her feet to the couch letting her body falls on the couch with a sigh.

"Uh, since you haven't heard anything, I should probably leave, I'll see you guys tomorrow then." Anna said grabbing her bag and dragged Charles out from the room as quick as she could. She could sense this is a family discussion and she felt obligated to leave them in privacy.

As soon as she left the room, Robert came by Maryse side and followed by Valentine. Izzy took Max inside the room and let their parents talk things out and as soon as they did, Jace came running out of the room. "You're leaving?" He asked Valentine and he nodded pressing his lips together.

Jace sprinted out from the room and they all knew where he might headed, none the less he deserves to spend the littlest amount of time they had together.

"Are you sure you can't hold off anymore longer?" Maryse asked again and Valentine sighed, shaking his head. "I'm sorry Maryse, I have to or I'll lose my job. I'll be on my phone if you guys needed anything and don't worry, I am trying to push the transplant team to quicken the process.

"What for?" Maryse asked but her gaze kept towards the flipping curtains by the balcony. Robert and Valentine looked at each other surprised at her reaction. "It's not like Alec is here if there is a donor." The word hit them directly in their heart, for some reason, it's the truth behind her venomous lines.