Part 19

Alec wonder what her mother had said to Magnus after they all getting inside the van. He couldn't hear what they are saying to each other but all he could see is how upset Magnus was. His eyes are pleading and his mouth trembled into words he can't coherent. Tears rolling on his cheek when he spoke to his mother.

As soon as they got into the hotel, they all waited for the door to be open by his father. As soon as he did, they all went separate ways. Jace and Isabelle went into their room with Max followed behind. Robert headed to his leaving Alec standing in the middle of the living hall with his mother. She's on her phone checking on something when she noticed how Alec stood awkwardly in silence.

"Alec is everything okay?" She asked putting her phone back into her bag. "Something good?" He asked if ever she checked her phone, they might have heard anything from the transplant team. She sighed shaking her head before she walks to the table and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Just work stuffs, no news yet." She said before gulping the water down. "What did you say to Magnus earlier?" Alec asked abruptly making Maryse slightly choked on her water. She coughs and cleared her throat before she wipes the excessive drops on her chin. "N-Nothing." She said as she placed the bottle back on the table top and tried to hides away from Alec.

"Mum!" Alec called and she stopped on her tracks letting her back facing her son. Alec stood in silenced waiting for her to tell the truth. His voice raised a little making the rest of his family starts to come out from their room to check on what is all about.

Robert came out the same time as all of them did and witnessed Alec and his mother banter in the middle of the living room.

"What is this all about?" Robert asked and Maryse shakes her head, "Nothing. Let's go to bed, its late." She said and Alec scoffed behind her. "That's what she said earlier. Nothing. Mum I saw what happened, tell me the truth." Alec begs and Maryse exhaled a long breath. She turned and face Alec before she continues.

"I can't let him hurt you anymore. The only thing he did since the day you both meet is messing with your feelings. It was a mistake for me to accept his offer and watching him hurting you over and over again." Maryse started and gasped were heard from Isabelle and Alec himself.

"How could you. There are nothing in my life that I don't let you interfere with but whatever happens with Magnus and I, is none of your business." Alec snapped and Robert could sense how this conversation is going so he went to his wife side to stop it.

"Enough. Everyone is tired, let's just go to bed." He asked softly, his palm squeezed Maryse shoulder to pull her away but she won't budge. "I only did what is best for you Alec." She never expected Alec would be upset about it but again, she didn't know much.

"You don't know what's best for me. Do not come in between Magnus and I again." Alec said a little harsh, he could see how his mother changed her expression. "I'm the one who has been taking care of you, worrying about you, thinking that every minute I could lose you. I-AM your mother Alexander! I can choose what I want for the best interest of my family." She raised her voice in anger and Alec scoffed in disbelief.

"You know nothing of us! Don't try to change the subject! What you said exactly to Magnus?!" He barged forward and Jace stepped in between them and held him back. "Alec enough." Alec stares at his bother's face and noticed Isabelle stood on the side with Max in her embrace.

His gaze went back to his mother and saw she was coaxed by his father, "Magnus didn't do anything wrong. I cut myself on a piece of broken glass and he helped treating my wound. Why do you think he hurt me?" Alec asked trying to be as calm as he could. Maryse sighed rubbing her lips together.