Part 43

Magnus dragged his tired body entering his home. Honestly he couldn't understand himself why is he that tired, he barely done anything today except being with Alec. He could hear plates and cutleries clanking together and knew his father is having dinner with Anna. He sighed longing how he missed eating with Alec. Although Alec is a very picky eater, he didn't mind at all.

He remembers how Alec loves eating the honey he managed to get after falling from the tree but yet hated all the sweets he bought. Alec loves eating sushi but hated the fish he caught cause he said he couldn't have a heart to eat them after seeing Magnus capturing it. Alec sudden outburst today really did take a toll on Magnus and he couldn't figure out how to make him better.

"Mags?" Anna soft voice called him from the dining room after hearing him walked through the door. Surprisingly for him for the big house, his move is quite noticeable. Probably due to the lack of people, even a pin drop could be heard in this house.

"Yep?" He answered with his one foot on the stairs looking at her, behind her followed by his father looking rather worried at him. "Have you eaten?" He asked and Magnus shook his head with a weak smile.

"It's okay, I'm not hungry. I think I'm gonna hit the bed, it's been a long day." Asmodeus knew how tiring it must be for Magnus but today hits differently, his face says it all. "Magnus, is everything alright?" He called again and that is when it hits Magnus right in his chest.

The tears that he held so strongly in front of Alec that he hides from everyone including himself just poured out involuntarily. He pinched his eyelids together trying to hold himself but he couldn't. "Mags." His father called behind him and soon he felt a warm hands enveloped him into a hug.

His legs gave up and he leaned on his father which he caught graciously and sat him on the floor of the staircase. "Talk to me, what happened?" He asked as he rubbed soothing circle behind him. Magnus on the other hand was a sobbing mess and his tears became a hiccup like a kid crying over a toy.

"He- uhm, he gave up." That was the only word he could mutter, Anna sat beside him rubbing his back soothingly like any mother would. "What do you mean gave up? Are you guys breaking up?" She asked him and he shook his head violently.

"NO! Not like that. He told me he wanted to die. He told me he's tired and he wanted to go. He wanted to go, he want to leave me after everything we had been through together. I don't know what to do." He continues his sobs as he leaned forward to hide his face in his palm. Asmodeus looks at Anna with a furrowed eyebrow hoping she would suggest something useful cause for the truth, he didn't know exactly how to help his own son.

"I have an idea." Charles said startling them all in a fright. They all jumped and turned towards the voice finding Charles few feet away from them in his usual butler uniform and his arm crossed in front of him. Magnus looks up and waited for him to pour out his brilliant mind like he always do.

"The poor boy has been in the hospital his whole life, what crazy universe would not made him depressed? I know it might be too soon to bring him out but honestly, a day trip won't hurt and it would heal those fretful mind of his. If I were him, I would probably hanged myself or jumped from the window, it was like a prison to him. He weren't able to do anything other than lying down, eat, sleep, his therapy, what human doesn't goes insane in doing one routine for weeks?"

Magnus didn't even bother to think that side of Alec before. Charles was right, he is always right, he knew exactly when and what to say ever since Magnus was a kid. He could see a soft smile on his dad's face before he returned the gaze back at Magnus. "What?" Magnus asked him curious.

"Maybe you guys could go on a real date that you guys always wanted." He suggested and Magnus nodded in silence. "Yeah, maybe." He whispered, he couldn't get the image of how upset Alec is earlier and somehow he felt like he was part of his sorrow too.