Part 28

Alec woke up by the sound of breeze and waves crashing, he could feel warmth spreading from under his cheek and his body that he never felt like this before. He felt like he was in one of his dreams but this is sort of a new dream. He could feel rise and fall from underneath his cheek and he thought he still be dreaming but when a soft touches stroking his hair back he literally jumped up and pants.

"Woah, woah, are you okay?" Magnus asked him frightened at his sudden jump. They locked eyes and Alec kept his distance apart from Magnus who now had his hand raise before him. Alec exhaled a relieve breath when he finally realized where he was exactly. "I'm sorry, I just thought-" Alec stutters still trying to adjust himself into this awkward situation.

"I see- I'm guessing you never woke up with someone next to you before? Or under you, before?" Magnus teased and Alec glared at him. "Don't start, it's still early." Alec replied, his voice still hoarse from yesterday's pain. He cleared his throat few times just to get his usual tone again.

"Alright, alright, I'm sorry. Come here." He gestured for Alec to come back into his arms but Alec shook his head relentlessly. "I'm fine." He said hugging his knees to his chest. "What's wrong?" Magnus asked as he sat up looking at Alec. He shook his head before darting his gaze towards Magnus, "Nothing, it's just - weird." He said and Magnus chuckled.

"Okay." Magnus nodded and they both sat in silence not knowing how to react. Both of them sat apart from each other, feeling the tension grew in the air as their gaze focused on anywhere else but at each other. Magnus was about to ask Alec but as he was about to, he could hear Alec's stomach rumbling.

Alec's eyes widen in embarrassment but earning Magnus another chuckled. "Breakfast?" He asked him and Alec nodded slowly. "I'm getting us some more fruits okay." He said and stood up immediately but Alec caught his hand stopping him from going. Magnus turned and looked down beside him seeing Alec's hand tangled in his, he smiled at the softest gesture he'd ever received.

"C-Could we eat something else?" He asked softly and let his eyes gazed up towards Magnus' face. A smile crept on Magnus' face once he heard Alec's voice and he kneeled to meet his gaze. "What you have in mind Alexander?" He asked unaware their hands still tangled with each other.

"Y-You said you're gonna fish-" Alec stopped mid sentence and let his gaze fall on the ground. He pulled his hand away from Magnus grip but Magnus holds it back tightly in his grip not letting him released. "Wanna help me?" He asked and Alec's smile came back on his face before he nodded. "Let's go." He said pulling Alec up but as soon as he did Alec winced grabbing his chest.

"Are you okay?" Magnus kneeled back beside him and Alec nodded before he released another sighed. "One of these days Alec, you'd have to tell me. Was it some kind of sport injury or something? You seemed like you're into soccer?" Alec shook his head making his face in disgust and let Magnus guessed again.

"No? Okay, maybe baseball?" Alec shook his head again, "Basketball?" Alec nodded with a smirk formed on the corner of his lips. "Thought so, come on, slowly." He helped him up and hold on to Alec's arm until he managed to stood on his own. "I'm okay, it's just sore." He said rubbing his chest with his finger. He knew one of these days he won't be able to hide it anymore but the thought on bonding with Magnus made him want to postponed it to another day. Just for few days, he thought, just for few more days they were on this island alone with Magnus treating him like how he always dreamt off, as a normal person, not a sick person he used to be.

~~~oo~~~

Magnus been poking the water for almost an hour it seems to Alec. His stomach didn't settle for less since he is really hungry. Alec sat on the big stone while watching Magnus soaking himself halfway up to his waist. He had no shirt on exposing his curvature abs which had Alec difficulty to dart his eyes away.