Part 45

"You're doing a great job Mr. Lightwood." The trainer compliment Alec while he handled the breathing ball in his hand. He sighed before he lifted it another time, "Ugh, don't talk to me like I'm a dog." He snapped which earned a smack from his mother that made him dropped the ball.

"Be nice. He's trying to help." She added which Alec again sighed. The trainer hand him back the ball and he eyed him, from the position he is, the trainer is tall as him so he had to look up to meet his eyes. "Sorry." He muttered which he smiled sincerely  back at him.

"Let's try this again Mr Lightwood, slowly but surely you will get there." He encouraged him which he then exhaled a long breath before he started again. Alec sat on the edge of the long bench holding the ball as high as he could which he finds it hard as possible due to his heart and his lungs condition.

Each time he raised the ball, his body felt a tugged on his skin that made him unable to do so. As he raised his arm, the trainer would sat behind him supporting his chest. Glad that he was wearing the chest brace to help with the pain but he still could feel the tugged from inside his chest.

"Ahh." Alec dropped the ball as he grasped his left side of his chest with his hand gripping on the pain that poking from inside which cause Maryse to raise from her seat. "Alec you okay?" She asked as she grabbed his legs. The trainer wouldn't let her do anything harsh that would make Alec even more in pain.

"Lean on me." He said and Alec was taken back to do so but so again it's his job so he did what he was asked. Alec let his back lean on the trainer muscular chest and the trainer pulled his hand away from his chest and placed his instead.

"Breath slowly, follow mine." He instructed and simultaneously Alec placed his head on the trainer's shoulder. He breaths slowly but deeply and felt the trainer's finger traced again his knotted muscles. "Better?" He asked. Alec nodded before he sighed again and relaxed.

"That was intense." Another voice appeared before him and when Alec looked, it was no one other than his boyfriend. He smiled before he handed him his hand which he took it gladly although the sight before him is rather throbbing.

"How are you sweetheart?" He asked and Alec slowly raised his body to stand and went for a hug instead. "Better now that you're here." He said as his arm wrapped tightly around Magnus' body.

"Where have you been?" Alec asked as he was all alone since morning and now is already three in the afternoon. He released from their hugs and Magnus kissed him on his lips before he eyed the trainer with a murderous look.

"No where. Just settling something for school." He stated and he could see the look on Alec's face changed from happy to rather sad. "Oh." He replied and went to grabbed the seat next to his mum instead. Maryse was happy that Magnus decided to finish his school like he was supposed to although she knew it's killing Alec on the inside.

"How are you Maryse?" He asked as he took a seat right in front of her. She nodded with a smile and felt Alec lay on her shoulder. "Come on Alec, another one." The trainer called him and he groaned before he stood.

He wanted him to do the weighted pull down machine. Alec sat as he let the trainer set the weight for him. Even though it was set the lowest for Alec but the exercised was not to build up muscle but rather to strengthen it.

Alec breathed each time he did his pulled and Magnus was impressed by his workout. It has been a week since he last been on bed and to him, he was doing a lot better.

But his gaze changes as he stared at his trainer who eyed Alec like a non-professional way, or so he thought. Maryse noticed the look on Magnus' face and she smiled before she took his hand in hers. "Relax, he is just a trainer. Alec's eyes and heart set only for you." He sighed in relief before he relaxed in her hands tangled with him altogether.