Part 26

"That bitch!" Asmodeus throws another glass of his scotch to the wall and it shattered to the floor in pieces. Charles stood behind him sighing and shaking his head in disbelief. He knew better not too aggravate his anger further especially if he is as drunk as this. So he did what he usually did back at the mansion, he stood with his arm folded behind him and stares at him while he continue his banter.

"Why you being quiet?!" Asmodeus screamed after he found him being ignored. Charles looked up to his face and only then he noticed Asmodeus was actually talking to him. He cleared his throat before he shook his head and pinched his nose bridge before he looked at Asmodeus face again. "Sorry sir, I don't have words to help you right now." He simply said and his tone is flat not bothered if Asmodeus would be angry at him even more.

"Charles?" He called and he looked up at his face surprised at his calm tone. "Sir?" He replied and Asmodeus walked further to close their distance together. He puts his hand on Charles shoulder and crouched a little to meet his eyes. He stares at his frowned face with questioning look on his face.

"What is it?" He asked and Charles sighed before he continued. "I don't appreciate you call her that sir." He said in fear Asmodeus would flipped again. But he was stunned to see his boss sighed and remain calmed. "What is it with you and that family? Did they bribed you to fight against me?" He said before he turned and headed to the liquor bar in the corner again.

Asmodeus poured himself another glass of scotch but Charles stepped up before he could even realized and took the glass away from his hand. He was about to scream and shout on his face again but when he looked at Charles face, the guy who had stood beside him through roughness in his life especially after his wife left him, the guy who helped him raising Magnus and handled his only son's tantrum and not once complaint about his life.

He calmed himself letting Charles spoke first and chose not too over react towards his action. "That woman had suffered enough all these years with her son. You can see through her tired eyes, how worries she is about her son. She is tired, worn out and yet she managed to put her smile on her face for her other children and her husband. The way she reacted at you, is acceptable for what you had put that family through."

Asmodeus was about to say something else but Charles raised a finger at his face to silent him and left Asmodeus jaw apart. "The only thing you need to do is keep your temper at bay while we all looked for Magnus and Alec. Used everything in your power to go and look for the boys before that family lost a son. I beg of you." Charles said bravely placing down the glass of scotch on the table for Asmodeus to grab but too his surprised he didn't.

"How much do you hate me Charles?" He asked and Charles shook his head. "Never sir, you are like a family to me. After all this years, I never hate you. I just can't handle you and the thought on those boys alone in the middle of the ocean somewhere with no food or water. Magnus is just like a son to me. I know how you feel." He answered and Asmodeus stares at the glass before him that separates him and Charles.

"I forgot." Asmodeus whispered and Charles immediately stares at his face and his eyes focused on Asmodeus dark brown eyes. "I forgot that your feelings are affected too. I know how much you love Magnus. I promised I will help that family finding their son back." Slowly a soft smile crept on Charles lips but he hides them almost immediately. "Thank you sir." He said before he left the hall headed towards his own personal room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The song above is for this scene...

"Robert?" Maryse called silently as she entered the room. She saw him sitting by the edge of bed ignoring her presence in the room. She closed the door behind her and closing her distance towards her husband.