Part 20

Maryse awoken by the sound of door knocking. She rubbed her eyes with her fingers and when she looked on her side, her husband Robert and her son Max are still asleep. She slowly bring her legs on the floor and grabbed her long cardigan to cover her body. She still in her pajamas not wanting whatever person that is knocking the door so early in the morning would see her in it.

The knocking continues as she paddled her feet through the living hall and straight to the door. When she tears it open she saw Charles stood in front of her in his normal clothes panting in his own breath. "Charles, what in god name? What happened? Is everything alright?" She asked concerned and invited him to come inside their suite.

"Please tell me Alec is here." He began and Maryse heart raced, she runs towards Alec and Jace's room and slammed the door open woken Jace up from his sleep. "Mum, what's wrong?" He asked in his early morning husky voice, his eyes squeezed tightly at the light when Maryse pull the curtain open to bring light into the room. When she turned, Alec's bed is empty and made like it hasn't been touch all night. Her eyes turned to Jace who had the same expression on his face, "Where's Alec?" She asked and Jace jumped out from the bed in horror.

"I-I don't know, I fell asleep waiting on him." He said and Maryse ran out to meet Charles again, this time her husband was just about to leave their room. "What's going on?" He asked and Maryse didn't bother to explain, "Where is he?" She asked Charles and he sighed.

"Magnus didn't come home either. I want to try Alec's phone but I don't have his number." He explained but Maryse already beat him to it. "What about Magnus' phone?" She asked as she tapped to dial Alec's phone. It started to ring and for a small moment, she felt a relieve. "He smashed it to the ground after his argument with his father." Charles explained and Maryse could feel the pit of her stomach clenched at the thought of her conversation with him last night. "Alec didn't pick up." She said and kept on trying.

"How do you know both of them are together?" Robert asked and behind him joined by Isabelle and Jace. "I assumed since Alec was out looking for him yesterday." He mentioned and recalls how he told Alec where Magnus was. "Well, where did they go?" Maryse asked, the phone never left her ear.

"The bar down the street, Nalu Kai?" He mentioned. "What are we waiting for then? Let's go and find him." Robert ordered and all of them gathered their things and changed from their pajamas to their normal clothes. "That was the next place I'm going to find them, but I thought I give a shot here first." Charles mentioned while seeing them all scattered into the room and Jace already in his normal shirt and sweatpants. "Isabelle I need you to stay here with Max." Maryse said and she could hear how Max whined.

"But mum, I want to come. Please let me help you guys finding Alec." Isabelle protested her mother and truthfully, she would have been out there already looking for Alec. "No Izzy, I need you to stay here in case Alec came back. If he did, you need to call us as soon as possible. You got it?" She instructed and Izzy nodded slowly in understanding.

"I never get to help with the big stuffs." Max whined again and Maryse smiled weakly before she crouched in front of him. "Maxie, I need you for something way more important right now. I need you to help me call Alec on my phone and if he answered, I want you to give it to Isabelle. Is that okay?" She spoken softly so he could understand better.

Slowly he took the phone from his mother's hand and smile at her, "I will." He promised and Maryse stroke his chubby cheeks with her fingers before kissing him on his forehead. She leaned to kiss Isabelle on her cheek and hugged her body close to hers, "Be safe mama, Alec will be alright, I'm sure." She whispered into her ear and she didn't know exactly what to say to her daughter.