Part 13

Sorry for the late update, been busy and all. Enjoy the chapter.

"Have you finished packing yet?" Maryse came in Alec's room asking him as he folded his shirt into his luggage bag. "Doing it." He said going back and forth grabbing his best shirt and shorts to wear.

"Don't forget this." She handed him a plastic bag full of his medication. "Muuum." He whined, dragging his words as he was holding up the bag in his palm, "What?" She asked curious and confused. "It's only for five days, not five month. We don't need to bring all of it." He said and handed back the bag to his mother and continued to pack. The thing itself weighed about half of his bag.

"You can never know, maybe you will drop the medicine and miss a dose, or maybe you would lose them. What if-" she was cut off by Alec grabbing her both shoulders and looking straight into her eyes. "Breathe. It's only an island. You are there with me. I'm sure there is a hospital or a pharmacy if I missed one dose." He said softly and slowly like his mother is a child but he had to remain calm when his mother is on edge.

Maryse nodded slowly and exhaled her own fear. She felt something at the bottom of her heart but she can't quite put her finger on it, she keep staring at Alec's bag pack not realizing Alec's calling him. "Mum? You okay?" Alec asked as she stared into her oblivion ignoring his questions. She looked up to Alec's face and smiled weakly before she nodded. "Yeah," she said and Alec couldn't convinced himself that she is so he pushed for her to talk.

"What is it?" He asked her and she shook her head. "Nothing, I always felt like I forgot something whenever we went on a trip, just a hunch." She said flicking her wrist to whisk away her throbbing heart.

"Okay, can you grab me more shirts from the laundry room?" Alec asked and she stared at his face with a smug on her face, "Thought it was only for five days, why need more shirt? You won't be needing it anyway on the beach." She asked and Alec smirked.

"I think I'm gonna let my shirt on even when I'm on the beach." He said and Maryse could hint a feeling of insecurities among Alec's words. "Alec you have nothing to be ashamed of. You are perfect, just like I made you to be." She assured him and he snickered a smile, "I know, it's just better to cover than to have people stared at my scars and my bulging one chested." He tapped his chest on the device and went back to his packing.

Maryse knew how Alec hated his body after the crash and especially after all these years, he has dealing with body shamed, he actually had better acceptance rather than before. If he said he wanted to cover it, Maryse can't say anything more or it'll be upsetting for him. So she just nodded and smiled before leaving the room, "Okay then, I'll just grab your shirt and I'll give to you later yeah. By the way, I'll be drooling over you if I were single and also a teenagers." She said with a wink and Alec blushed shaking his head in disbelief that his mother just make a move on him, he chose not to make any comment on her words earlier which then lead her to leave the room.

"Think we have separate seats." Robert said when he checked on the aisle number located at the bottom right on the ticket. He was right, he and Maryse sat together while Alec and Jace together and end up Izzy being seated with Max across from them. "You can change with me Izz." Alec offered to her and she smiled, "Let's just see first okay."

She fixed her sunglasses on top of her head and she let her black raven hair flowed on her shoulder. "What did she mean by that?" Alec asked Jace almost whispering not to let Isabelle heard him. "It means she will see who she got stuck with, a handsome fella or an old folks, so if she got the other, good luck buddy." Jace tapped Alec's shoulder and left him with an evil laughed. Alec face cringed into the thoughts of being squeezed in sitting in between old greasy people that smells like mothballs.